Hey Guys,

I have a 2010 Chevrolet Tahoe PPV with a 5.3L LMG and a 6L80 Trans (MYC) looking to drop in a 6.2L L9H. As far as I understand it is a direct swap. Would I run in to any issues or codes as far as the L9H not having AFM/DOD? I plan on using the 5.3L PCM and having it re flashed to work with the 6.2

Or do I look for a L94 that has FlexFuel, VVT, AFM like the LMG does?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes, I have completed it. Had a shop drop it in for me, direct swap, everything lines up. Reused the original wiring harness. The L9H has no AFM/DOD so the wiring harness connector for that is left unplugged. Once installed you have to get the pcm re-flashed for a 6.2 and in my case disable CEL for no AFM/DOD signal. 

Things to check before you buy.

- Make sure the original wiring harness is the same part number as the new engine.

- MAF sensor must be the same. (Keep original one from 5.3 in)

• 2 years later...

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LMG 5.3 and was planning on doing a 2014 Cadillac Escalade 6.2 L94 swap is This possible?

and what do I need to complete the swap keeping the same tranny for now and doing a re flash of the ECU & BCM for 6.2 setup.

thanks anyone

Edited by Topshatta

• 10 months later...

I'm doing a 5.3 to 6.2 swap in a 01 Tahoe but the 6.2 is from a 08 Tahoe ltz what all will have to be changed out to make it work? Also can I use the 5.3 heads on the 6.2, as I don't have the heads or intake for the 6.2l? Thanks in advance for any help and information on this.

On 8/26/2017 at 12:30 AM, swathdiver said:

What year is the L9H? They all had AFM components according to my reading but it was not activated via the PCM until 2010. I figure you'd be fine flashing your PCM to a L9H tune.

Boy was I wrong on this post!  The L9H NEVER had AFM.  The very earliest L92s (engines built by April 2005) had AFM hardware but it was not active in the tune.  These motors were in the wagons.

2 hours ago, hkaauto said:

I'm doing a 5.3 to 6.2 swap in a 01 Tahoe but the 6.2 is from a 08 Tahoe ltz what all will have to be changed out to make it work? Also can I use the 5.3 heads on the 6.2, as I don't have the heads or intake for the 6.2l? Thanks in advance for any help and information on this.

You will need an adapter to make the Tahoe's computer read the 58x reluctor wheel on the crankshaft.  You can use your 5.3 heads, more torque down low at the expense of top end rpm horses, just what you want for a truck.  You will need LQ9 injectors and computer programming from an LQ9 just to get started.  There are others here and over at Performance Trucks forum that know way more than I do on this topic.