Weird question about memory seats

I just upgraded my 2015 Silverado LT to a 2017 GMC Sierra AT with memory seats. My question for those of u with memory seats do you have to hold the 1 or 2 button until the seat reaches the save position? I have a 15 Acadia Denali and a Lexus ES with this feature and they both are a one press and release and the seat does its thing until it at the set position. But my AT doesnt want the extra attention until it finishes moving the seat

They must have changed the feature. On my 2014, you just hit the button and it will adjust to the saved position, not hold it. If you hold it, it saves that as the new saved position.

Yeah, it's different now, there is actually a 'Set' button to program the positions.

Storing Memory Positions
To store positions to the 1 and 2 buttons:
1. The ignition must be in ON/RUN or ACC/ACCESSORY.
2. Adjust the driver seat, outside mirrors, and adjustable pedals (if equipped) to the desired driving positions.
3. Press and release SET. A beep will sound.
4. Immediately press and hold 1 until two beeps sound.
5. Repeat Steps 1–4 for a second driver using 2.
To store positions to the B(Exit) button and easy exit features, repeat Steps 1–4 above using B to
store your positions for getting out of the vehicle.
Manually Recalling Memory Positions
Press and hold 1, 2, or B(Exit) to manually recall the previously stored memory positions. Releasing
1, 2, or B before the stored positions are reached stops the recall.

Silverado Steve, are you sure about that? I have a 2014 as well and I have to hold the preset until it reaches the position. I wish like hell it was press and release. To set the memory I have to press the set and the number 1 or 2 buttons.

Yes, im sitting in my truck as i type this reply. I just pushed the preset 2 button, let go and it moved all the way. Now i just pushed preset 1 and it returned back to my settings....no need to holdthe button down on my truck.

Silverado Steve, are you sure about that? I have a 2014 as well and I have to hold the preset until it reaches the position. I wish like hell it was press and release. To set the memory I have to press the set and the number 1 or 2 buttons.

If it's a stupid question I've had it to. Haven't been able to get my presets to work.

My wife's Buick you simply tap the button to go to that position. Holding the button down seems stupid. Luckily no one else drives my truck, but still seems weird.

Thanks DCazares... That explains it. When I get to work and put truck in park, my seat reclines back to easy exit position. I rarely lock my truck at work so I don't hit the unlock button forcing my seat to the drivers position. I do not realize seat is in the exit position until I am driving and that is when I hit #1 on door. So I do not know if I have ever hit the button while in park but I will now.

Thanks guys, this site is always providing info!

I had a 2007 Yukon Denali that the seat moved depending on which remote was used or by just pressing and releasing the numbered button on the door. Fast forward 10 years, I purchase a 2017 Sierra 1500 Denali Ultimate and its like I went back 10 years. The remotes do not adjust the seats and I have to either put the key in or push and hold the numbered button until the seat has completely adjusted. That's just one of a few options that I had on a 10 year old Denali, that I no longer have on a new Denali!! I know that I went from a Yukon to a Sierra, but a Denali is a Denali!!!!

Archived