New 2017 Special Ops 4x4

Picked up a new truck Saturday to replace old DD was 2011 blue 4x2 LT SB 20in wheels with 90K. Left lot with

Blacked out DC Special Ops 4x4. My son picked out as he'll be driving in two year and see himself driving this

to school.

My boat and car trailer tow truck is a F350 SD CC DRW... and at 6'4 I'm a big fan of CC and will need to get used to DC.

Truck spec:

20 in wheels 275 55 20

3.42 rear

6 speed

line X

Tow package

Thing I'm looking at:

Tinting (Done)

Bed mat (Done)

2in front lift

20in wheels ? 295 55 20 A/T

I'm thinking about removing light bar for a cleaner look, son doesn't like this idea!

Bed cover if I remove bar

Note: The few miles I logged so far it drives very well stock.

Newbie to this forum... hello everyone!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fairly new to this forum,, Great Folks..

We do need Pix's of new ride...

You may have to the hide keys from Son, even befor he learns to drive..

Mine learned on 2 tracktors..

Cheers----K

Congrats on the ride. My advice would be forget the 2" leveling blocks & toss out the crappy ass ranchos for bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks, set 'em @ the highest setting, they claim 1.87" height increase but my measured change was 2.1".....I also added 1" taller rear blocks as well so that may have contributed to the slightly higher than advertised ride height in front?

​Either way - MUCH better way to raise the truck a couple inches vs. traditional leveling kit - you don't mess up your ball joints/bearings/A-arm bushings & you get better ride quality/handling as well.

Congrats on the ride. My advice would be forget the 2" leveling blocks & toss out the crappy ass ranchos for bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks, set 'em @ the highest setting, they claim 1.87" height increase but my measured change was 2.1".....I also added 1" taller rear blocks as well so that may have contributed to the slightly higher than advertised ride height in front?

​Either way - MUCH better way to raise the truck a couple inches vs. traditional leveling kit - you don't mess up your ball joints/bearings/A-arm bushings & you get better ride quality/handling as well.

:wtf: So the bilstein's magically eliminate front end wear huh?

Lots of sugar in that post, did you mention to stiffer ride at times with the coils being pre-loaded?

Tyler

Archived