Ireland Trip

Spurshot

I'm headed to Ireland and London for a vacation. Trying to decide what photo gear to take.

So far, I've stacked up my Nikon D500 and the 16-80mm f2.8-4, 4 batteries, 4 32gb cards, A thinktank conformal case, SB700 fullsize flash, SB300 pocket flash, a 2lb carbon tripod, and a Vello wireless remote shutter trigger. Although I have them, I'm not coming up with a reason to bring any longer lenses.

Recommendations appreciated.

I always take a minimum of two lenses on vacations. Your 16-80 is a good wide angle to mid range, but I would want something up to at least 200mm just in case. I use Canon equipment and have a 70-200mm that I use a lot. I just got back from an Alaska trip and carried three lenses, including my massive 100-400mm. Since I lug around my backpack bag I have the room. I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!!

Have a GREAT time on your trip to Ireland!

I almost didn't bring the 100-400mm lense, but REALLY glad I did.......

36228664075_f052a08c11_b.jpg2017AlaskaKetchikanEagles-3 by Mark Anderson, on Flickr

35136896553_95d62359c3_b.jpg2017AlaskaCruise-124 by Mark Anderson, on Flickr

Hey Mark, thanks for the advice. Love those pix. Yeah, I could see AK and big lenses. Lots of wildlife. I have a 70-200 f2.8 VR, 70-300 VR, and a Sigma 120-300 f2.8, but I'm going to pack first and see what it looks like. The most portable is the 70-300, but of course it's not the best optic, but not bad.

Enjoy your trip! Make sure to post a few pics here when you get back. We are considering an Ireland vacation sometime in the future. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts when you return!

My wife and her sister were the planners. They hired a tour company who proposed a private party tour. Then my wife and her sister modified the destinations. The tour company is doing the transportation and lodging. We take care of our own meals. Should be fun.

just missing the big lense.

this is not just for horizon, but can gain on objects to blur background etc..

have fun.

my dad did ireland with the private tour deal.

Our surname and history, he still gets emotional.

Quite a powerful journey.

if you enjoy genealogy, the celts have a way of keeping their own version of history.

Archived