I bought the wife a new ride

The old one had a run in with a tree. Not totalled but I have no intentions of ever riding in it again.

Old one

2c81d2094e96eb122b8626eb7a92cf6f.jpg

New one

bdf87ad205da58497aa85c27c2936232.jpeg

2017 Yukon Denali

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was parked at the school she works at, while at a teacher work day prior to students returning from summer. It was there for 20 minutes after she got to work(per the school camera), then decided to roll down a big hill in reverse. Oak tree at bottom of the hill pretty much removed the drivers side of the truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

She wouldn't have been able to remove the key unless it was in "Park". Any ideas on what caused this?

Over the decades, automatic transmissions have had problems keeping the parking paw engaged. Ford had some infamous problems that went on for many years.

She wouldn't have been able to remove the key unless it was in "Park".

That model of Tahoe has push-button start. My driveway is on an incline and I remember shutting off the truck w/o putting the gear in park and forgetting to set the park brake, the truck rolled. Very likely this is what she did, and on a big hill..., hello oak tree.

That model of Tahoe has push-button start. My driveway is on an incline and I remember shutting off the truck w/o putting the gear in park and forgetting to set the park brake, the truck rolled. Very likely this is what she did, and on a big hill..., hello oak tree.

Another "advantage" of push button ignition.

I went from a 2015 Denali XL to a 2017 a couple of days ago. Nicely improved. The ride is much more compliant and the trans is much nicer. Seats are softer too. Overall it is that little bit better that is making it a nicer truck. Congrats and good luck

Archived