I bought the wife a new ride

Yeah the no key part was tough. It was in park according to the light on the dash when the wrecker pulled it out. He said the dash light said work and he wasn't sure about the shifter. When he tried to pull it out from between the two trees it was quite damaging and pulled the drivers door pretty much off. I was 7.5 hrs away for work.

It won't cut off in gear, or her new one won't. Per the school cameras it sat stationary for over 18 minutes before it decided to take a reverse route down the hill.

I washed it 3 days before that and when I drove it something was rattling in the steering column and I am convinced that must have had some bearing on this incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PARKING BRAKE

This has been discussed before. So many people don't use them.

They are on every vehicle for a reason. :happysad:

It was on a very slight hill. I rarely use it due to the level flat ground around here.

I'm sure you use the parking brake every time you park, I typically don't. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was on a very slight hill. I rarely use it due to the level flat ground around here.

I'm sure you use the parking brake every time you park, I typically don't. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was trying to be helpful. That's all.

My point is that with the parking brake applied this would not have happened.

Yes I do. Every time it's parked. My truck sits in my level garage with the parking brake applied. A good habit IMO. :happysad:

I was trying to be helpful. That's all.

My point is that with the parking brake applied this would not have happened.

Yes I do. Every time it's parked. My truck sits in my level garage with the parking brake applied. A good habit IMO. :happysad:

You truly are right. I drove a stick shift for 2 years in high school. I remember worrying this would happen! Hahaha well thank Jesus no one was hurt.

I never use the parking brake on a modern car with an automatic trans. If I was on a serious grade I have, just not to put so much strain on the trans, but in general normal parking never. My corvette w/ a manual I leave in gear and always use the parking brake. I would bet it just didnt fully engage in park and popped out, it takes quite alot to override the parking lock.

BTW I just bought the same truck in black, your going to love the 6.2, and the ride.

• 1 month later...

She loves it! The 15 Tahoe was no slouch, it had many of the options the new one has....but the Denali has the 6.2, digital dash, unique seat stitching,Dark Atmosphere Denali only interior color, HUD. She loves it. I miss how clean I had the Tahoe setup, the monochrome color but this one is hers!

Archived