Z60 suspension with Bilsteins

I know the Bilsteins are an improvement over the stock Rancho's, I'm looking for some input from people with the z60 suspension package and have added Bilstein 5100s or 4600s to their truck. I have read that some people say its rougher and some say smoother with the z60. My stock black shocks are starting to leak with just 55k miles on them. I don't really want to replace them with the black OEM shocks if they only last roughly 50k miles. Thanks

I know the Bilsteins are an improvement over the stock Rancho's, I'm looking for some input from people with the z60 suspension package and have added Bilstein 5100s or 4600s to their truck. I have read that some people say its rougher and some say smoother with the z60. My stock black shocks are starting to leak with just 55k miles on them. I don't really want to replace them with the black OEM shocks if they only last roughly 50k miles. Thanks

There is discernible difference between z60 and z71 other than rancho shocks and upgraded "jounce bumpers".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...

You might not even have the truck anymore, but what shocks did you go with?  I have the z60 suspension and even Bilstein techinical support wasn't even too sure sounding as to what series shock to go with because its essentially the z71 height minus 2inches because the factory leaf blocks are removed. Curious if you got 4600s or 5100s if you went with Bilsteins, and did you have any lift/level?

Edited by sudden2297

You might not even have the truck anymore, but what shocks did you go with?  I have the z60 suspension and even Bilstein techinical support wasn't even too sure sounding as to what series shock to go with because its essentially the z71 height minus 2inches because the factory leaf blocks are removed. Curious if you got 4600s or 5100s if you went with Bilsteins, and did you have any lift/level?

Edited by sudden2297

Bilstein's will for sure help. Also replace the front sway bar. There are 2 GM part numbers, get the number off of yours and be sure the buy the other one. Made a world of difference on mine. (previous truck = 2015 Double cab)