Has anyone used these air filters?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason K&N puts the oil on their filters is to improve filtering efficiency, because the cotton gauze by itself doesn't do a sufficient job.

If you're looking for a reusable filter stick with AEM or AFE dry filters.

Its a shame amsoil stopped their drop in air filter line that was made by donaldson. That would be my first choice.

The reason K&N puts the oil on their filters is to improve filtering efficiency, because the cotton gauze by itself doesn't do a sufficient job.

If you're looking for a reusable filter stick with AEM or AFE dry filters.

Its a shame amsoil stopped their drop in air filter line that was made by donaldson. That would be my first choice.

Amsoil's oiled-foam filter? Had one of those a long time ago...

I don't buy into high flow or cleanable filters...typically a good stock one will flow more air than an engine can handle.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Your not going to gain much running anything but stock style filters..unless your tuning. The factory style does just fine and lasts years.

Not really trying to gain anything. Was looking at buying a reusable filter to eliminate the repeated cost of replacing the stock filter and want to stay away from the oiled filters and ran across those filters on Ebay and was curious if anyone was using them.

Put a K&N in mine first thing. 20K miles so far.

I have ran K&N in my vehicles for years with no problems. To each their own. Why buy new ones and throw them away.

Your money. :happysad:

Amsoil's oiled-foam filter? Had one of those a long time ago...

I don't buy into high flow or cleanable filters...typically a good stock one will flow more air than an engine can handle.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Not the oiled foam filters, the blue media filters that were made by donaldson and repackaged by amsoil. They just stopped making them about 2 years ago or so. They were a blue nanofiber media that was not oiled and is patented by donaldson.

Donaldson still uses the blue media but they mainly stick to bigger diesels and heavy equipment.

https://www.donaldson.com/en-us/engine/filters/products/air-intake/replacement-filters/donaldson-blue-filters/

Put a K&N in mine first thing. 20K miles so far.

I have ran K&N in my vehicles for years with no problems. To each their own. Why buy new ones and throw them away.

Your money. :happysad:

Thirty plus years here, no complaints.

Thirty plus years here, no complaints.

Every vehicle we get gets the K&N first thing. I have put hundreds of thousands of miles on K&N air filters. My trucks and wife's cars for over 30 years. Used on motorcycles also. :happysad:

Never understood why people would pay 5 times the price and go through the hassle of cleaning and oiling it, when a disposable filter is under $10.

I put a K&N in something I drove back in high school. Did it 1 time & never thought about it again. I usually drive older trucks that I'm capable of self-maintaining/repairing, which means they/it is constantly in need of some maintenance upgrade or replacement. I'm not adding a stupid air filter to that list of "things to do." WAAAYy bigger fish to fry. Give me the $15 MicroGuard please. I will knock the dirt out after 1 year, replace it in 2. Plenty good for a 15 y/o vehicle.

Never understood why people would pay 5 times the price and go through the hassle of cleaning and oiling it, when a disposable filter is under $10.

The K&N in my 93 Silverado was $40. I put over 200k miles on it. Replacing a Fram or equivalent paper filter every 10k miles was more expensive than the K&N.

That's why.

If you keep a vehicle long enough it's cheaper. :happysad:

Archived