2017 Sierra 2500HD Owner's Manual Case

I'm curious, did anyone get a case for their owners manual or like me, your owners manual came in a cheap zip lock bag? Seems a $60k Truck would have at least a nice curdora case like our $30k Nissan Altima came with....

Is this something that the dealer is supposed to supply?[emoji17] ac4f9d963569435276aa06c29b589a02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just the owner's manual. As long as you don't keep anything int he glove box that would damage the manual so much that it can't be read then don't worry about a case or cover. I guess if it's that big of a deal then I guess you should have looked asked to see it first before buying it and maybe it would have changed your mind and bought another brand. I don't get the nitpicking that some people do. Just because it's a 60K truck doesn't mean you should get a fancy case or cover. It's only 60K because of the added features.

It's just the owner's manual. As long as you don't keep anything int he glove box that would damage the manual so much that it can't be read then don't worry about a case or cover. I guess if it's that big of a deal then I guess you should have looked asked to see it first before buying it and maybe it would have changed your mind and bought another brand. I don't get the nitpicking that some people do. Just because it's a 60K truck doesn't mean you should get a fancy case or cover. It's only 60K because of the added features.

You're right. I'm too anal about such things. Forget the post. I ordered this:

High Road Auto Document Case and Glove Box Organizer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HZRTDE/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_J2nNzbY427H6H

[emoji1]

I'm curious, did anyone get a case for their owners manual or like me, your owners manual came in a cheap zip lock bag? Seems a $60k Truck would have at least a nice curdora case like our $30k Nissan Altima came with....

Is this something that the dealer is supposed to supply?[emoji17] ac4f9d963569435276aa06c29b589a02.jpg

My 99 came with a nice pouch. 3 new trucks since then, all zip lock bags. Cheap bums.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You didn't get stiffed. They are all like that. And if you are worried a 60k truck didn't come with an (unnecessary imo) pouch, try dropping 110k on a Z06. You get the same thing. A clear zip bag. The only ones GM puts in nice leather pouches are the Cadillac ones. Helm, the guys that print those, if you order a replacement, you can get a fabric unbranded pouch if you order a replacement manual. Not sure if they sell them separately or not.

My 99 came with a nice pouch. 3 new trucks since then, all zip lock bags. Cheap bums.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You didn't get stiffed. They are all like that. And if you are worried a 60k truck didn't come with an (unnecessary imo) pouch, try dropping 110k on a Z06. You get the same thing. A clear zip bag. The only ones GM puts in nice leather pouches are the Cadillac ones. Helm, the guys that print those, if you order a replacement, you can get a fabric unbranded pouch if you order a replacement manual. Not sure if they sell them separately or not.

It's called 'decontenting'. I think we could all rhyme off some feature that we had on a previous truck (of the same or lower trim level) that disappeared in later years.

Before long owners manuals will prob be a PDF file on your phone..be thankful you got a printed book lol

I was thinking the same thing. It'll be an app you'll have to download, since a lot of people are allergic to paper anymore.

Archived