2017 Sierra 2500HD Owner's Manual Case

I'm a fan of the pdf download versions of the manuals.

They use hot links to jump to to other sections.

Available from the 'owners' tab at any of the division sites. Downloads also available for prior years.

Diesel supplements available.

eg:

https://my.gmc.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2017/GMC/Sierra%201500/Owner's%20Manual.pdf

http://www.gmc.com/content/dam/GMC/global/master/nscwebsite/en/home/Vehicles/Current_Vehicles/2017_Sierra_2500/Model_Overview/02_PDF/2017-gmc-duramax-diesel-manual.pdf

The last few owners manual 'covers' I've received have been dealer supplied -- with dealer advertising on the outside, not GM supplier ones.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a fan of the pdf download versions of the manuals.

The last few owners manual 'covers' I've received have been dealer supplied -- with dealer advertising on the outside, not GM supplier ones.

If you google "Nissan owners manual case" results such as "My 2011 Rogue comes with a cheap, ugly, black Owner's Manual Case. It is really ugly and has even no Nissan name or Logo."

Apparently these "European carry alls" are all the rage. And owners get really uppity when they are not included or are of a lesser than expected quality. lmao

If you google "Nissan owners manual case" results such as "My 2011 Rogue comes with a cheap, ugly, black Owner's Manual Case. It is really ugly and has even no Nissan name or Logo."

Apparently these "European carry alls" are all the rage. And owners get really uppity when they are not included or are of a lesser than expected quality. lmao

I know my mom's '06 Impala had a black case, or maybe she bought it, I can't remember. I could care less about a case like I said before. The manual is kept in the glove box and is only taken out if I need to know specs or capacities. Even with the stuff I keep in the glove box with the manual, the manual doesn't get destroyed in any way. I guess the window stickers need to be framed after they take it off the window too. And also maybe the dealership should throw a party when you buy a new vehicle.

I could care less about a case like I said before. The manual is kept in the glove box and is only taken out if I need to know specs or capacities.

Same here, my owners manual is still in it's factory as issued zip-loc bag in the glove box (along with the window sticker), I much prefer the pdf as well.

Same here, my owners manual is still in it's factory as issued zip-loc bag in the glove box (along with the window sticker), I much prefer the pdf as well.

I don't even keep mine in the zip lock bag. When I had my '14 I did keep the pdf file on my computer and phone in case I needed to look at the manual so I didn't have to go out to the truck.

My 2017 GMC Denali came with a nice leather case for it. I assumed they all did.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

My 2015 Denali also came with a nice leather case and assumed they all came with one.

Test drove a 2017 Denali 2500 today. Checked console and found manuals in a 'denali' labelled vinyl covered package.

My 2016 SLT came with the manuals tucked into a clear plastic baggie.

• 3 weeks later...

That's the extras you get with the jump from an SLT to a Denali. The chrome console lid handle, leather shifter handle insert, and cool LED headlamps are other nice touches. Is it worth the additional $10k-$15k? No way. I purchased a leatherette GMC owners manual case off EBay from a 2010 Denali. It was like $20.

FWIW, the 2500 HDs (including the Denali) don't have LED headlights (not std, not optional)

LED headlights are standard on 1500 Denali, they are available on 1500 Sierra SLT, but not on the other trims.

Whether it's 'worth it' to upgrade to a Denali will depend in part on how many of the items that are std on Denali but optional on SLT that you would be adding.

FWIW, the 2500 HDs (including the Denali) don't have LED headlights (not std, not optional)

LED headlights are standard on 1500 Denali, they are available on 1500 Sierra SLT, but not on the other trims.

Whether it's 'worth it' to upgrade to a Denali will depend in part on how many of the items that are std on Denali but optional on SLT that you would be adding.

Personally I think a vast majority of people that buy a Denali buy it just for the trim name so they can show it off. I would think a Denali wouldn't be much different than a well optioned or fully loaded SLT. I'm more or less assuming. At least in the K2s with the Chevy version of Denali, with the High Country at least you get different and I've heard better leather interior than the leather in an LTZ.

From what I've seen, pretty much all Denalis are either just people and grocery haulers or just used to tow. I rarely see a Denali with anything in the bed other than a spray on bedliner and/or a cover. I don't think you'll see a Denali haul rock, gravel, dirt or anything else like that. I also have yet to see a Denali as an actual company work truck.

Not putting down Denali, spend your money on what you want. Just don't see the hype over "needing" a Denali other than for the name and just saying what I've seen. I personally don't like a base truck so I do like some options, just not leather seats or the added stuff that really aren't needed in my personal opinion.

Archived