2017 Duramax Denali problems

Hey guys,

Just wanted to pass along my experience.

3 weeks ago I purchased a new 2017 Sierra Duramax Denali with 24 miles on it. Before I reached 300 miles I encountered a CEL and vibration in the steering wheel. After 2 hours at the dealership they said there was a leak at the turbo and road balanced the tires.

Before I reached the 500 mile mark the CEL returned. Left the truck at service for 2 days. They had to order a part and warrantied 2 tires that wouldn't balance out.

Service #3 at 900 miles CEL again, I got the general manager involved. They informed me that a new TSB just came out and said the DEF needed to be replaced. They ran a full diagnostic service on it and said everything was fine.

Now I have 1300 miles on the truck and the 4th CEL appeared yesterday and heading back to service tomorrow.

Has anyone else experienced these types of problems?

I'm really contemplating returning the vehicle. I enjoy the truck. I've had now performance issues and the silver Denalis are hard to come by in my area so I really don't want to start over with a new truck.

All I can say is that when the CEL comes on and stays on it is storing a code that can be used by the techs to diagnose the problem. No code, much harder to TS.

I would also think that a DEF issue would trigger some of the DIC warnings like the one for low fluid or poor quality fluid.

It would be nice if either you or the dealer would be more specific about what parts they are ordering/replacing.

Perhaps the collective brains here could help you sort it out.

Archived