4x4 dash light indicator

Hello I recently bought a 2014 chevy z71 4x4 Ltz and I noticed that when shifting into 4wd the light on the knob will blink and eventually stay solid over 4wd but I noticed there is no light on the dash by the guages that indicates your in 4wd I was wondering if this is normal

Normal. The DIC will tell you that its switching, but the only indicator is the knob on electronic shift trucks. If it had floor shift, you get a light on the dash. On newer trucks with the off road DIC page, so 2015 and up, they show if you are in 2WD or 4WD.

This is about as big of an indicator as it gets. It's just a screen in your DIC you have to enable 084a1be430dad50dc87e8157d47f346d.jpg

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

True but OP has a 2014 so it wont' have that Off Road screen in the DIC on his truck.

• 1 month later...

The brain surgeons at GM instrument engineering department put the lighted indicator knob behind the steering wheel from your view, and then made it identical in size, shape, tactile feel and rotary function to the headlight switch.  I don’t know how many times I’ve rotated the transfer case control knob when intending to change headlight mode.   But it looks nice, all uniform with the other knob and all. 

The brain surgeons at GM instrument engineering department put the lighted indicator knob behind the steering wheel from your view, and then made it identical in size, shape, tactile feel and rotary function to the headlight switch.  I don’t know how many times I’ve rotated the transfer case control knob when intending to change headlight mode.   But it looks nice, all uniform with the other knob and all. 
Lol huh? Mine is next to my window.... literally nowhere near the steering wheel

Well I never changed the headlight mode on my '14, but I also don't remember being confused when going between 2 and 4wd. I guess taking a 1/2 second to look real quick is overrated. If not then feel with your fingers and you can figure out that the 4x4 knob is in the middle and the headlight knob lower and to the right beside the dash brightness dial. Not exactly rocket science.

Archived