Sold 2017 Sierra 1500 and Leaving GMC - I want to thank you all

I didn't last a very long with my first GMC. The transmission issues, just pissed me off to the point that I lost confidence and didn't have any peace of mind.

I want to thank you all for your support, suggestions, and for offering solutions. Luckily I bought my denali at a such a good price point, that I didn't get killed trading it in.

You guys are awesome.

Take Care

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to loose you. Many are frustrated with our 6 speeds and some with their 8 speeds. Such a shame that GM can't design a trouble proof trans, but at least we are better than Dodge.

I am disappointed that GM doesn't offer a manual transmission for the 1500 in US and Canada. For an automatic, I find nothing wrong with the 6 spd. What did you find that was better?

The Denali listed at 62k. I paid 50 plus tax (had 16k in trade in )plus 600 destination. It had 6k on it. I got 49500 for it. I lost about 3k.

I bought a lariat 2017 3.5 ecoboost. 10spd

The differences

6.2 l. Vs. 3.5 twin turbo the 6.2 sounds better. O-60 very little if any difference.

I could fold the mirrors with GMC with the key fob. Can't do that with the ford

Blind spot monitoring on ford. Not on GMC

Telescoping power steering on ford with memory. Not on GMC

Power sunroof front and back on the ford. Not on GMC

Back seat seat heaters USB power ports and ac plug. Not on GMC

Push button start on the ford not on the GMC

Sony radio vs Bose

Remote release tailgate on ford .

Side step bed steps

The front seats in the ford are much more comfortable.

The GMC is a little softer ride. With the exception of when the tranny started pukeing

The ford has the auto start/stop

Lastly - regular or e-15 gas vs premium.

I drive 20k a year. That alone saves me 2500 over 5 years

The Denali listed at 62k. I paid 50 plus tax (had 16k in trade in )plus 600 destination. It had 6k on it. I got 49500 for it. I lost about 3k.

I bought a lariat 2017 3.5 ecoboost. 10spd

The differences

6.2 l. Vs. 3.5 twin turbo the 6.2 sounds better. O-60 very little if any difference.

I could fold the mirrors with GMC with the key fob. Can't do that with the ford

Blind spot monitoring on ford. Not on GMC

Telescoping power steering on ford with memory. Not on GMC

Power sunroof front and back on the ford. Not on GMC

Back seat seat heaters USB power ports and ac plug. Not on GMC

Push button start on the ford not on the GMC

Sony radio vs Bose

Remote release tailgate on ford .

Side step bed steps

The front seats in the ford are much more comfortable.

The GMC is a little softer ride. With the exception of when the tranny started pukeing

The ford has the auto start/stop

Lastly - regular or e-15 gas vs premium.

I drive 20k a year. That alone saves me 2500 over 5 years

What kind of deal did you get on the Ford?

Good luck with your new truck. Give us reports on the good and bad as you drive it over the next few months, always curious about the other brands, but never get to drive one for an extended period of time.

The ford msrp was 65 that included all options. I paid 54 total out the door.

Tranny thus far is very smooth. You can actually see what gear you are in on the display.

The max pow package was also included. It tows up to 12200. It has a special dial that if you don't know how to reverse with a trailer would be helpful. For me it isn't.

Got it on the highway. Doing 75 had a shimmy in the seat. Took it back. They forced balanced the tires didn't fix it. They switched the tires immediately. Took the goodyears at tires off. Out michellins on. Now it's perfect. No questions asked. Didn't charge me.

I like the remote tailgate release and I like when I put my hand on the door handle it auto unlocks.

The other thing I like is the touch key pad. I can lock my keys in the truck and not worry

More to follow

Good luck with your truck. It's nice to hear constructive criticism both ways. I have a 16 denali. 9600 miles. I paid 50 out the door for it about 11 months ago and Carmax is giving me 43000. Only reason I may switch to ford is for the raptor but it's too hard getting one at msrp!

I had a 2012 f150 XTR ecoboost (without all the bells and whistles) it was the 1st generation of the ecoboost which unfortunately was plagued with issues. Timing chain stretching, dealer was useless told me it was in spec still. After lots of arguing it was fixed. Then the motor threw a rod through the block, brand new crate motor. That's when I gave up on that truck.

Now with that said, the newer generations are great I hear, a good friend of mine has a '15 and hasn't had one issue !

Ford also offers a ton more options in their trucks at a reasonable price !

I got a steal of a deal on my '17 Denali which sounds really good lol but it leaves some to be desired such as pano sun roof / adaptive cruise control / etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived