1A Auto vs OEM for trailer mirros

When I bought my truck last year, my dealer and I couldn't find any trucks that had the options I wanted and trailer mirrors. I got a great deal on the truck so figured I would deal with the mirrors later. Fast forward a year and I want to get this done. Is there a quality difference between these two. In reading through the forums there is another member I can send the 1A mirrors to who will add his harness for a plug and play (no reflashing required) install. I have an LTZ Diesel so the 1A mirrors would still be 700+ for 1A

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

When I bought my truck last year, my dealer and I couldn't find any trucks that had the options I wanted and trailer mirrors. I got a great deal on the truck so figured I would deal with the mirrors later. Fast forward a year and I want to get this done. Is there a quality difference between these two. In reading through the forums there is another member I can send the 1A mirrors to who will add his harness for a plug and play (no reflashing required) install. I have an LTZ Diesel so the 1A mirrors would still be 700+ for 1A

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I had a feeling a thread looking for a comparison specifically on 1A Auto Mirrors versus OEM was imminent :). I have had the opportunity to take a set apart. The set is specifically on part # 1AMRP01786. I did some side by side comparisons of the parts next to a DPN Mirror I bought just for this purpose. The components are very comparable between the two. The builds are nearly identical in that I was able to interchange parts like mirror caps, glass, park lamps, Cargo lights, etc. While parts were a direct fit, some of the connectors were not. Not a big deal but know they are built almost to the same spec.

Keep in mind the cost of this upgrade at $700+ is still cheaper than what DQS cost alone. DQS Mirrors will run you between $1000-$1200 just for the mirrors.

I am working out an issue right now with 1A Auto as anything ordered and shipped to my address has been flagged as "fraud". Due to the increase in folks ordering mirrors from 1A and shipping to me, my address has been blacklisted for new orders. Hoping to get this resolved soon.

Anyhow, here are some photos. Then last photo shows the 1A Auto Park Lamp installed on a DPN Mirror.

Hope this helps!

462e5ae5c159e2fa7f6c5bff30a1d458.jpg

cdd16850795898b14e843e5262b0d8ab.jpg

45ca5f5693339f9f26a01f0f6ab9d784.jpg

9cac9a436c5a19ab16a0d8d932402895.jpg

fdef0e219a936ad167c8635abb243977.jpg

edf15c8583465edc6e3613b2e9cd0369.jpg

8b1a3549c6bb92a0c04525672aabcc7a.jpg

e24a259210357b970097106061286185.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone who has purchased the 1A Auto mirrors had any issue with mirror glass vibration?

Has anyone who has purchased the 1A Auto mirrors had any issue with mirror glass vibration?

Are those clear lenses just a cover, or do they have lights in them?

Its an entire light assembly with the LED in the molding.

does anyone know if the standard amber lenses are available from 1A instead of the smoked ones. I like the stock look better. Also did the price go down on these? Looks like the price is 509 for the chrome power folds now.

I don't know if they sell the park lamps along but the OEM one fit. I think Boost Auto sells different style drop in park lamps.

During my test of their mirrors on my truck, I noticed a little vibration on the upper glass. I attributed that to only having 3 bolts and not the 4th stud installed. I have an OEM Mirror should install 1 of each to compare. I don't want to drill that 4th hole though as I plan on using DL3 Mirrors for a while.

Archived