New to Chev - Stumped with a feature

Hello,

I have recently purchased a 17, Silverado 3500 HD - LTZ Z71 - On both mirrors there is a sensor on the bottom side near the outer edge - it is a round ball shaped - I cannot find anywhere online what this is - Any feed back would be greatly appreciated

Note:

Does not have lane departure option

Does not have trailer assist option

It may be something like a sensor for lane assist if the truck has it, where it beeps or something if you're going over the lane. Not sure if that's a feature, but the only other thing I can think of is if the truck has that 360 camera for when you're backing up and the screen shows all around you.

Hello,

I have recently purchased a 17, Silverado 3500 HD - LTZ Z71 - On both mirrors there is a sensor on the bottom side near the outer edge - it is a round ball shaped - I cannot find anywhere online what this is - Any feed back would be greatly appreciated

Note:

Does not have lane departure option

Does not have trailer assist option

Diesel ? ... ambient temp sensor ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK the 2017 3500's come only with the vertical camper/trailering mirrors. The aftermarket cameras are much bigger than what the OP describes - so I will rule them out. The lane departure and front collision system work off a camera in the rearview mirror - so that is also ruled out. The camper mirrors do not have puddle lamps - so again a rule out. The only other item that fits the description is the ambient temp sensor for the DuraMax diesel - but it is only on the passenger side. Since the mirrors are dedicated right and left hands there is no way a truck could get a sensor on both sides. Now I could see someone at the factory putting on a right side diesel mirror on a gas truck - or even a dealer doing parts rob but there is no way you are going to get this sensor on both side mirrors.

So I call this as a DMax ambient temp sensor on the passenger side only and a confused OP

Archived