Brakes make a "creaking" sound

I have a 2015 silverado 1500, and recently I've been noticing a creaking sound from the rear drivers side brake. It's only when I apply pressure to the brake pedal. Could it be the caliper sticking a little?

Edited by Savinhillspyda
  • Like 1

I have a 2015 silverado 1500, and recently I've been noticing a creaking sound from the rear drivers side brake. It's only when I apply pressure to the brake pedal. Could it be the caliper sticking a little?

It's the pads I had the same annoying noise

I agree - mine do the same thing but it is the front and back.

How does your front end sound when you to a full turn at slow speed? Does it creak like a son of a bitch? Mine does.

Five recalls and 2 other dealer induced f/up's, upshift and downshift clunks from hell, I still can't believe that I haven't parted ways with this truck. If it wasn't so damn good looking, I would have. Rams are just butt ugly and I'll never get into a full aluminum body truck.

I have creaking too, just from the rears. If I am stopped, and apply more brake pedal, I can make it creak more. I thought it was just the passenger rear, so I pulled it apart, cleaned it all up, greased everything, but still does it.

I am just counting the days until my Raptor makes it through the order process so I can get rid of this POS. Clunky transmission, noisy brakes, noisy suspension, and hot-ass rear seats in summer because of no vents, I've had enough.

I'm having a noise issue as well. Occasionally at low speeds with the windows down I can hear a high pitched sound coming from my drivers side front wheel. Almost sounds like the brake pad warning but I took a quick glance at those and they look fine. I bought the truck a week ago with 22,500 miles. If I can get it to do it some more I'll take it to the dealer. Not sure what the hell the noise is but I don't like it! It's really easy to hear when you are near a wall or something else for the sound to bounce back at you on the drivers side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's def not a high pitched squeak or anything of that extent. It sounds like when you try to sneak across an old hardwood floor. It's annoying as hell. And you can only hear it at slow speeds, where it's extra annoying. Silver ice 6.2, I've been hearing it for some time now, so I started this thread lol

For creeking noise brake pads, it's the composition of the pad and the glazing on the surface of the rotor that makes the noise.

If the pads are still somewhat good, chamfer the leading and trailing edges of both inboard and outboard pads at a 45 degree angle. Add anti squeak material to the back side of the pad after it sets up for a bit to reduce vibration in the pad.

Pads are worn, replace with different composition and chamfered edges. Harder pads will squeal.

• 7 months later...

Did anyone ever resolve this? I have a creaking noise from the drivers rear brakes when applying the pedal. It happens while parked and is consistent with pedal application. I doubt it's pad related since the creak occurs when the vehicle isn't moving. 

The GM repair guide does not note anything about caliper guide pins requiring lube and pistons are lubricated with the brake fluid. I'm interested to hear if others with the creak found a fix.