New (used) wheels, have questions/need help...

Hey everyone, I bought a used set of 20x10 Fuel boost wheels for my truck last week.Can some recommend me a tire size for them? I'm not looking for an oversized tire, just something that would look good without rubbing issues. I can look up the size recommended to see how they look fitted.

My other question is would anyone know if these TPMS would work on my 16'. I was told these came off of a 2011. Three rims have the same looking sensors (red) and one has a different sensor (green)

Any help greatly appreciated

yIO8rZu.jpg

LqVPaAb.jpg

V8V4C7H.jpg

qHCexyJ.jpg

Nice Wheels!

275/65/20 will be about 34" tall and look very good without rubbing.

That would look horrible!

He has 10in. wide wheels, it is going to take a wide tire to fit that rim, at least a 305 minimum.

If you don't want taller then I would say a 305/55/20 would be a decent size. You bought some super wide wheels and are going to have to get wide tires to make them work.

Ok I will look those up as well. Do you know if I would run into rubbing issues at that size?

No idea what the offset of those wheels are, without being rude you really should have done some homework being buying those wheels as they are going to stick out pretty far and will need some fat tires to make them work.

I am sure you will have to trim your valance.

I would stop by a tire shop and see if they can steer you in the right direction.

Might also consider a 295/60/20 which will be taller than a 305/55/20 but not as wide. With a 10 inch wide wheel possibly rubbing your fenders has to be considered when choosing tires.

Yea should've thought of the offset as well. When I fitted them on I did notice that the rim was about flush with fender. I'll go by a tire shop to get there advice. I did look into the 295 as well and may go that route

I can't help you on the TPMS sensors. Sound tire advice may also be a challenge, with a 10" wide wheel and mystery offset/backspacing. I'd check out a 295/60/20. That should fit on your rim just fine, and clear your fenders easier than a 305/55. Or, if you're wanting to play it safe (and you said you didn't want an over-sized tire) and not have to worry about trimming or rubbing issues, then look into 295/55/20....although some people might say that size will look too small...

Bottom line...the wheels you bought aren't ideal if you're not wanting an over-sized tire. You're going to have to run a wide tire, or find different rims.

By looking at your pictures, they have a very positive offset. Looking up the wheel on the Fuel website, they did not build that wheel I a 20x10 with such a positive offset. I'm betting you have a 20x9 with a +20 offset. (The wheel will measure out wider with a tape measure. You need to measure BETWEEN both rim lips where the tire will sit to get a width mesurement.) If that is the case, a 295/55/20 or 305/55/20 will fit fine. As for the sensors, I couldn't tell you. I just put new sensors in my wheels instead of removing out of my OE wheels. My sensors were GM parts and they were all black sensors, I don't know about those colored ones.

Archived