Audi A5 Question

SilveradoSaver

I realize I'm on a truck forum but knowing many of you have multiple vehicles and past experiences, I thought I'd ask this here: I'm looking at buying a new Audi A5 Coupe. I drive a lot for work, and the fuel economy of my truck isn't ideal for this. I'm also looking for something with a little more luxury style/features.

Anyone have any comments on these cars? Online reviews seem to be, for the most part, very positive, but I'd like some forum members feedback too.

Thanks!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see many Audi's to include A-5's in midwest doing quite well in our winters..

You guys do have exceptional weather in BC, so ground clearance could be issue...

I would check out dealer pricing to include service cost's to help with your decission process..

If you want less expensive car and lower service costs mile,, check out Subaru's...

Cheers----K

I get my wife a new Audi every 2 years, just got her a new A7 a few months ago. All of Audi's cars since around 2010 have been really good. The QC is night and day compared to our GM vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I get my wife a new Audi every 2 years, just got her a new A7 a few months ago. All of Audi's cars since around 2010 have been really good. The QC is night and day compared to our GM vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Glad to hear this. I am a loyal GM customer and have no issues with GM, but I was quite surprised what Audi offered and the ride quality. Albeit it was only a 10 minute test drive...

While they drive very nice, they do tend to not be as reliable and do require a bit more maintenance and cost of parts is more expensive as well in many (NOT ALL!) cases. If you get something within the past 5 years the quality has improved, but anything over 5 years I would avoid. BMW is not much better.

While they drive very nice, they do tend to not be as reliable and do require a bit more maintenance and cost of parts is more expensive as well in many (NOT ALL!) cases. If you get something within the past 5 years the quality has improved, but anything over 5 years I would avoid. BMW is not much better.

Thanks for the input. I don't usually buy extended warranties for vehicles, but for this one I think I would just due to the sheer amount of technology in them.

Actually just traded my '15 Sierra in for an 18 S4. I think Audi has hit it out of the park with the new A4/A5 line. Very smooth engine, transmission and suspension and an impeccable fit and finish on the interior. Before my Sierra I had an A4 for 10 years. Only 75k miles but the car was a much much better car than my Sierra.

The idea that Audi's have electrical problems is something people heard years ago and still hold on to (IMO).

It's anecdotal but my previous A4 never skipped a beat. My '14 Sierra was bought back by GM after 15k miles, my '15 Sierra developed enough problems in it's 25k miles that I had no interest in keeping it. That and the trade-in value I got for it was superb. The dealership that I traded the Sierra in with literally listed the truck for 5% more than I paid for it new.

I was really happy to be out of the truck and back with Audi.

Actually just traded my '15 Sierra in for an 18 S4. I think Audi has hit it out of the park with the new A4/A5 line. Very smooth engine, transmission and suspension and an impeccable fit and finish on the interior. Before my Sierra I had an A4 for 10 years. Only 75k miles but the car was a much much better car than my Sierra.

The idea that Audi's have electrical problems is something people heard years ago and still hold on to (IMO).

It's anecdotal but my previous A4 never skipped a beat. My '14 Sierra was bought back by GM after 15k miles, my '15 Sierra developed enough problems in it's 25k miles that I had no interest in keeping it. That and the trade-in value I got for it was superb. The dealership that I traded the Sierra in with literally listed the truck for 5% more than I paid for it new.

I was really happy to be out of the truck and back with Audi.

Have you ever seen audi's where one or more of the tail lights are illuminated so bright that it looks like the brake lights are on? Then when they use the brakes, those lights don't even illuminate anymore than they already are. I've seen so many audi's with this issue, and not one other brand of car with it

Sure have.

It's actually a feature sometimes called a "follow me light". On the car it's an extra notch when you turn on the fog lights. Super useful feature to help in following another car in severe snow storms, fog, etc.

Definitely not an electronic failure. Most likely a user error in that people don't know they've turned it on.

Sure have.

It's actually a feature sometimes called a "follow me light". On the car it's an extra notch when you turn on the fog lights. Super useful feature to help in following another car in severe snow storms, fog, etc.

Definitely not an electronic failure. Most likely a user error in that people don't know they've turned it on.

LOL wtf. Really? I feel like I've seen some of the cars with only one of them on. That's so weird though. I never knew that. I got learned

I personally wouldn't buy a new German car, they are expensive and depreciate like crazy.. if you want to buy, buy one that is 2-3 years old with low miles you will save tens of thousands. I currently am halfway through a mercedes C300 lease which I am very happy with, zero issues with the car and great winter vehicle

Archived