Audi A5 Question

SilveradoSaver

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL wtf. Really? I feel like I've seen some of the cars with only one of them on. That's so weird though. I never knew that. I got learned

It's a storm light. Meant to be used in bad weather. Volvo has had the forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate them...we are not Europe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

It's a safety feature. Very useful IMO

It's a storm light. Meant to be used in bad weather. Volvo had had the forever.

It's a safety feature. Very useful IMO

Not useful in the States where NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE FOR...

Ha!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Not useful in the States where NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE FOR...

Ha!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

It just increases visibility for the cars behind it. Pretty good in a white out snow storm or downpour

It just increases visibility for the cars behind it. Pretty good in a white out snow storm or downpour

I understand that, but only the German car guys know what those are...

But you have blinkers and fog lights and cruise control and tail lights and nobody knows how to use them... :rolleyes:

so long

j-ten-ner

Blinkers are optional around here, most cars aren't equipped with them, fog lights are just to annoy other drivers, cruise control is useless (too much traffic, besides weaving in and out is the cool thing to do), and you only need tail lights to pass inspection (that's only once a year)...

Ahh, yes...a wonderful day around Philadelphia.

I understand that, but only the German car guys know what those are...

You don't have to know what they are. You only need to see them during a storm when the guy in front of you turns it on. Like I said, it's so the people behind you can see you better during bad weather. There's nothing to know about.

You don't have to know what they are. You only need to see them during a storm when the guy in front of you turns it on. Like I said, it's so the people behind you can see you better during bad weather. There's nothing to know about.

Except everyone who doesn't know what they are (when they are used when the sun in shining) thinks your brake lights are stuck on...

You have to remember that even the owners of said cars don't know what they are (or that the switch in the dash does something to the tail lights), and run around here all the time with them glaring on nice sunny days...

Except everyone who doesn't know what they are (when they are used when the sun in shining) thinks your brake lights are stuck on...

You have to remember that even the owners of said cars don't know what they are (or that the switch in the dash does something to the tail lights), and run around here all the time with them glaring on nice sunny days...

It's only one light.. not both + 3rd light.

Hey, I agree that many people don't know to use them, many people don't know half the features in their new cars/trucks.

No one takes time to thoroughly read the owners manual these days. The average american is too busy to bother.

But a lot of folks, I'd say the majority, who have owned european cars for a while know and understand how to use them

The wife and I have been properly using the 'storm' light for 20+ years in ALL the Volvo's we've owned.

It's only one light.. not both + 3rd light.

Hey, I agree that many people don't know to use them, many people don't know half the features in their new cars/trucks.

No one takes time to thoroughly read the owners manual these days. The average american is too busy to bother.

But a lot of folks, I'd say the majority, who have owned european cars for a while know and understand how to use them

The wife and I have been properly using the 'storm' light for 20+ years in ALL the Volvo's we've owned.

You better look at some other models then...some illuminate BOTH tail lights. I've seen this several times, maybe Mercedes? Someone told me some models have two detent for rear fogs, one or both.

Following one of those makes it look like the brake lights are stuck on, and make it really difficult to distinguish the brake lights.

Only one (drivers side) rear fog light is permitted on cars imported to the US. If you see 2, they were installed aftermarket.

Today's LED tail lights are a lot brighter than the old incandescent types.

I still think they have benefit if used correctly under the right circumstances.

http://www.advanceddrivers.com/2017/06/21/rear-fog-lights-for-driving-in-the-usa-what-are-they/

• 2 weeks later...

Archived