2017 2500HD Tire Size

I have a leveled 2017 2500HD Duramax. I want to switch out tires but my local Discount Tire has a limited number in stock, so I will be forced to order them. If they don't fit there is a $35 restocking fee on each tire, so if I dont get the size right the first time it will cost me about $140.

I want either the BFG KO2's or Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I will be keeping the stock wheels. I believe the 275/65/20's will fit no problem. Has anyone gone to a larger tire like the 285/65/20 or 35x11.5/20 on stock wheels without rubbing?

Pic of truck below prior to leveling.

If anyone has opinions on either tire I would be interested in hearing them as well.

nTdiDsd.jpg

Edited by TORCHRIDER

Guest Phobby

Leveled the 35/11.50s are the perfect size. They will barely touch the frame cutting the wheel as hard as possible. d510896463b9eea7ef2c93090cd197f8.jpg

The 285/65 will also work and fit just as snugly. Almost the same size tire.

b95d73aeda1eb4cd99e476f216593cdd.jpg

Edited by Phobby

Leveled the 35/11.50s are the perfect size. They will barely touch the frame cutting the wheel as hard as possible. d510896463b9eea7ef2c93090cd197f8.jpg

The 285/65 will also work and fit just as snugly. Almost the same size tire.

b95d73aeda1eb4cd99e476f216593cdd.jpg

Thanks. Are those ridge grapplers in the first pic? Do the 285/65/20's rub like the 35x11.5's?

Guest Phobby

Yes, that's 2 -2017s with the two tires you asked about. They make the truck look perfect. They will both barely touch the frame cutting hard either way backing up. And by barely I mean 1/8 of an inch and they would not touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Phobby

So no rubbing on the sway bars or fender liners, only the frame at the inside back of the tire? Also, are all those trucks leveled?

Damn those look good. I am tempted to tell my DT to order them today. Thanks for the great pics.

Edited by TORCHRIDER

Guest Phobby

So no rubbing on the sway bars or fender liners, only the frame at the inside back of the tire? Also, are all those trucks leveled?

Damn those look good. I am tempted to tell my DT to order them today. Thanks for the great pics.

Haven't seen or heard where they touched anything else with it properly leveled.

I would go BFG in the 286/65/20.

It is so very random that you will actually have the wheel cranked all the way and be backing, my tires rub and the only time I ever hear it is when my wife drives as she must really crank the wheel. Zero stress.

Good luck getting Discount Tire to install larger tires, I gave up on hem a while back.

• Like 1

Discount Tire ordered the Ridge Grapplers in 35x11.5/20. They will be here Wednesday. There will be no restocking fee unless I drive on them for a week before returning them. If they just clip the frame as above I will be happy. I should know right away. I would love to see a side view of the above trucks so I can see how close the tires come to the front bumper/air dam. As far as DT goes, they have been great to work with. They outfitted my last three trucks. This will be the fourth.

Yes, that's 2 -2017s with the two tires you asked about. They make the truck look perfect. They will both barely touch the frame cutting hard either way backing up. And by barely I mean 1/8 of an inch and they would not touch.

Reid, Do you have a side photo of a Chevy with the Ridge Grapplers (or KO2's for that matter)? I'd like to see how much clearance there is with the air dam.

Guest Phobby

Reid, Do you have a side photo of a Chevy with the Ridge Grapplers (or KO2's for that matter)? I'd like to see how much clearance there is with the air dam.

d594b4cd92eedf3353210a3ece5d293a.jpg

All I have, the other two are friends trucks. As you see there's plenty of room for them.

BFG A/T measures 34.57 X 11.5 on wheel by specs

Nitto RG- 34.72 X 11.42 on wheel.

As I said- same size, choose what you like best. They will both wear equally as fast on this heavy ass truck, especially if you actually tow with it.

Edited by Phobby

Guest Phobby

Thank You for the photo. I have run BFG's on my last three trucks, so decided to try the RG's this time around. The 35x11.5/20's will be in tomorrow. Thanks for your input on this thread. I'll update you after they are installed.

I'd make sure they Road Force balance these tires. Distributors will take returned RF failed tires and ship them back out to shops. Making it hard to find a good set. They do that with a lot of any the manufacturers returned tire. Just a heads up.

I'd make sure they Road Force balance these tires. Distributors will take returned RF failed tires and ship them back out to shops. Making it hard to find a good set. They do that with a lot of any the manufacturers returned tire. Just a heads up.

I am not sure if discount tire has the capability to road force balance. I will need to check. I do know that the last time I bought KO2's, I had to go through 3 sets to find one that didn't vibrate at speed.

I am not sure if discount tire has the capability to road force balance. I will need to check. I do know that the last time I bought KO2's, I had to go through 3 sets to find one that didn't vibrate at speed.

A Discount Tire's have a road force balance machine.

• Like 1