I just wanna burn rubber

Sooo the time has come for new tires. I get them put on tomorrow and have tried a few times to destroy the old ones.

I have held my traction control button down till everything is off. But it only spins a second and stops. Anyone???

A fuse I can take out?

And please don't judge. You know you all love destroying your old rubber.

Pic of new tires just because 0097ce1fd888e24a7ca1440781c844b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not judging, but I've never did a burnout on tires I was about to replace. I just did burnouts during the normal life. I had BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/As and the rears were basically slicks within a month. Wasn't smart, but I was young. When I got my '14 I actually wanted to take care of it, so no crazy stuff, just dirt roads and things like that but no mudding or burnouts or anything. I guess that's what you get when you buy something brand new these days, so much electronics and systems to actually try to keep you safe and on the road. I don't have it anymore and I'm kind of glad I have an old '83. No computers whatsoever that I know of. I do plan on getting something a little newer, no older than a '99, but I'll keep the '83 as a toy. I learned my lesson to not do stupid sh*t in your daily driver and only transportation.

But, just so you know, the TC and Stabilitrak turn back on automatically at 35 mph. So maybe once your rears get up to what the computer is sensing 35 mph it turns the systems back on.

Not judging, but I've never did a burnout on tires I was about to replace. I just did burnouts during the normal life. I had BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/As and the rears were basically slicks within a month. Wasn't smart, but I was young. When I got my '14 I actually wanted to take care of it, so no crazy stuff, just dirt roads and things like that but no mudding or burnouts or anything. I guess that's what you get when you buy something brand new these days, so much electronics and systems to actually try to keep you safe and on the road. I don't have it anymore and I'm kind of glad I have an old '83. No computers whatsoever that I know of. I do plan on getting something a little newer, no older than a '99, but I'll keep the '83 as a toy. I learned my lesson to not do stupid sh*t in your daily driver and only transportation.

But, just so you know, the TC and Stabilitrak turn back on automatically at 35 mph. So maybe once your rears get up to what the computer is sensing 35 mph it turns the systems back on.

Nope.

According to the OM, TC stays off, even though stabilitrack turns back on automatically.

From one of those downloadable owners manuals (this one is 2017 sierra): ((( g is the tc/stab button )))

Turning the Systems Off and On
The button for TCS and StabiliTrak is on the center stack.
Caution
Do not repeatedly brake or accelerate heavily when TCS is off. The vehicle driveline could be damaged.
To turn off only TCS, press and release g. The traction off light i displays in the instrument cluster.
The appropriate message will display in the DIC. See Ride Control System Messages 0 149.
To turn TCS on again, press and release g.
The traction off light displayed in the instrument cluster will turn off.
If TCS is limiting wheel spin when g is pressed, the system will not turn off until the wheels stop spinning.
To turn off both TCS and StabiliTrak, press and hold g until the traction off light i and the StabiliTrak OFF light g come on and stay on in the instrument cluster, then release.
The appropriate message will display in the DIC. See Ride Control System Messages 0 149.
To turn TCS and StabiliTrak on again, press and release g. The traction off light i and the StabiliTrak OFF light g in the instrument cluster turn off.
StabiliTrak will automatically turn on if the vehicle exceeds 56 km/h
(35 mph).
Traction control will remain off.
The vehicle has a Trailer Sway Control (TSC) feature and a Hill Start Assist (HSA) feature

Nope.

According to the OM, TC stays off, even though stabilitrack turns back on automatically.

From one of those downloadable owners manuals (this one is 2017 sierra): ((( g is the tc/stab button )))

Turning the Systems Off and On
The button for TCS and StabiliTrak is on the center stack.
Caution
Do not repeatedly brake or accelerate heavily when TCS is off. The vehicle driveline could be damaged.
To turn off only TCS, press and release g. The traction off light i displays in the instrument cluster.
To turn TCS on again, press and release g.
The traction off light displayed in the instrument cluster will turn off.
If TCS is limiting wheel spin when g is pressed, the system will not turn off until the wheels stop spinning.
To turn off both TCS and StabiliTrak, press and hold g until the traction off light i and the StabiliTrak OFF light g come on and stay on in the instrument cluster, then release.
To turn TCS and StabiliTrak on again, press and release g. The traction off light i and the StabiliTrak OFF light g in the instrument cluster turn off.
StabiliTrak will automatically turn on if the vehicle exceeds 56 km/h
(35 mph).
Traction control will remain off.
The vehicle has a Trailer Sway Control (TSC) feature and a Hill Start Assist (HSA) feature

My mistake. I guess it's been long enough after getting rid of the '14 I forgot some things or not sure with things I knew before.

my truck loves redline in M1 and lighting them up. i hit the T/C button once and put it in manual. it will burn them as long as you like. with 34/12s i was able to go a few laps around a culdesac better than my old C10 with a 327 and posi 12 bolt

Archived