Anybody else park their truck?

Doug Rosewood

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drive all mine too. But since you can only drive 1 at a time, you always have 2 sitting at home no matter what.

The difference is none of yours get good mileage, in fact your DD pick-up is probably the highest. so just like me, you are putting the majority of your miles on your most efficient vehicle.

Believe it or not the 91 gets as much if not more use, because it is pretty much the family slut. If someone needs a truck it gets lent out.

No I was raised drive what you own. The only time I've ever had a rental/loaner is from accidents or when one of the trucks were in the shop. They don't really rent 2500s/3500s here so no point to renting if I'm going to end up paying for something smaller. 10k or 25k a year never matted in my family. My friend's think I'm nuts b/c I went on a 3,000 mile road trip last October in my truck kept asking me why I didn't rent a car to save money. What good is saving money if I'm miserable, less safe, and have zero confidence in how a rental is maintained. If fuel prices hit $4 a gallon again it'll be the perfect time for me to buy a new truck! I just don't understand the "save the miles" thing, to each their own.

Working construction and being absolutely filthy some days is partially why I try to drive the beater Ford when I can. Getting in and out 20 times a day along with being wet and even stinky from working takes its toll on a vehicle. I was sad when I realized my 2011 wasn't new anymore.

I guess when this truck gets paid off I'll drive it more and hopefully buy another truck to keep in rotation.

Makes perfect sense for some people and lifestyles.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I do a little bit, For any thing where i don't have to have the truck i ride one of my motorcycles. For around town stuff my little 200cc yamaha is perfect. its a little pack mule and gets 65mpg+ in the city. For longer freeway trips my Ducati gets the nod. Between the two bikes its ~8-10k a year not on the truck.

As the name implies, I'm offshore 75% of the year. My truck is 11months old and has 3,200 miles on her. That includes the 450 or so mile drive home from picking her up. I've actually been driving a lot more lately with renovations at the house, so on e that's finished, I imagine I'll be around 2,500 miles a year.

I say drive it. That's the whole reason for owning it right?

I don't park my truck unless working on it for major repairs ......Transmission pull rebuild install few months back.....head gasket repair scheduled for a couple months from now.......cam swap, oil pump, timing chain, sprockets, other that that I drive truck everywhere other than when the old lady says I wwanna drive.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

My truck is my only vehicle, so it's being driven somewhere almost every day. I've considered a work car (for MPG) or a winter/hunting beater (to keep the truck nice), but I just haven't found anything that tickles me. I love driving my truck!

If you are not going to drive it then sell it. What's the point of having something and not using it. Reminds of a guy I knew. Had a nice new GMC cc diesel, his pride and joy. One day on the job (construction) he goes down with a massive heart attack at 55. Can't work anymore and more and can't drive. Wife traded in the truck for Buick Lucerne and got hosed. Few yrs later he died at 60, heart failure.

I only drove my truck daily when I work and got paid too. My daily since I retired is a Camry. My toy is a 25 year old hot rod truck I drive once a week for fun. Never understood way a person would daily drive a truck unless it was the only tool for the job. I only drove top of the line trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I had a third car I did...truck gets worse mileage, was less comfortable, and takes longer in the commute (slower).

Not to mention the Subaru Outback I had was a whole lot better on snow and ice than the truck (studded snow tires and the old version of Subaru's AWD).

I did it some for miles, but mainly for convenience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I park my truck, because i am not driving it. :)

it is my go to vehicle.

I keep a subaru as well.

all mechanical dual range.

my motor, my build.

even has a hot rod it is 30mpg.

antique now.

The truck is better in every way, except for giggles in the backroads.. the subaru gains them.

I am looking for more than 5000 pounds of my 1996 to surround me as a daily.

my subaru just reminds me of the days of masochist poverty.

some people still think that is normal.

I am getting old. My first car road going was a 78 delta88.

found a 6 speed manual duramax the other day. Could not think fast enough to go get it in time.

I love my truck anyway. I'd even buy a remanned 305 vortec for it.

it has been that damn world record breaking good.

Archived