Anybody else park their truck?

Doug Rosewood

Don't get me wrong, I got rid of my daily driver...I daily drive my 2500hd 100 miles a day, three days a week...I don't regret it.

I prefer the truck, but the car was cheaper!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 182,000 miles on my 2006 GMC Sierra, which I bought in 2007 with 25,000 on it, so the answer would be....no.

I recently sold my old Toyota 4x4 truck ith 362,000 on it.

I believe in driving the piss out of my vehicles, get my money's worth.

• 2 weeks later...

Miles are of no concern to me. I primarily drive my 2002 Suburban with 250k miles on it. I paid $1,100 for the rig, and I doubt that more miles will lower the value at all. Its not a rusted out beat up turd or anything, its actually pretty nice. I just wound up getting a good deal on it after searching Craigslist every day for a year.

I tend to park the truck til my days off, one the beater is easier on fuel, the route to work is on ragged roads through rough parts of town. And it's such a short drive I figured its going to hurt the truck more then help it through such short start up and shutdowns. Don't get me wrong I love driving the truck, but it's seeMs more economical to beat a rust bucket to work and enjoy the truck when I have time to really drive it...lastly I'm the type that keeps a vehicle for a decade minimal, so it's nice knowing I'm keeping the wear and tear to a minimal.

I bought a 2016 2SS, I only put about 1500 miles on it in a year, that thing sat! It didn't make sense to have a brand new car with a warranty and full coverage, then just let it sit. We always needed to haul people or things, so even on the weekends when I wanted to drive the SS, I couldn't.

I traded that for my 2017 Silverado, now that gets driven absolutely everywhere. Only owned it for a month and I have 2600 miles on it, pulled a trailer around after the hurricane, and hauled stuff out of two houses for salvage. I still have more than a few other toys that I drive on the rare occasion, but the truck definitely sees more use than the SS.

Now if it would just stop having random issues I need to take it in for.

Nope, my dad is the park king LOL

18 months and I'm up to 40,728 miles at the moment. Work is a mere 3 miles away, so commuting doesn't add much, and I can ride my bike if need be. I love covering state highways, dirt roads, just driving to drive. Clyde is a HOOT to drive.

When I get my Cadillac back online I won't drive as much, but I won't park him. Resale isn't a concern, as I won't be selling him :D

Yup. I drive up to work at the start of my shift and home 8 days later. With the new ones 36 gallon or whatever fuel tank i shouldn't need a jerry can in between. Charge it out 12 hours a day... Should last for along time. Drive an 04 Malibu Maxx instead lol. Truck will pay itself off in a year... and make money for the next 10 lol.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little opposite. I drove a truck daily for work didn't pay for gas. I retired traded in my truck for a smooth riding economical car. My toy is a lowered high horse powered 25 year old truck that's clean as a pin. I got have it for hauling duties, ah ha. I like driving it once a wk to relive my youth. My last new truck was nice, not going to drive one daily unless I get paid to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drive mine a lot but since about the beginning of 2016, ive been driving the piss out of my 2014 SS Camaro, i now try to drive my truck at least once a week to work.

I'm retired, so my truck is parked - in the garage - a lot. It turned 6yrs old and 28k miles last week; still looks as good as the day I drove it home from the dealer.

Archived