Wind Noise from Roof-Mounted Light Bar Brackets

Hey Forum,

I just installed a set of 54" roof-mounted light bar brackets from Rough Country. With or without the light bar installed, they are making substantial noise. Any experience or ideas to resolve this?

Ah man, no good - I was hoping for some magical easy fix :). Now I've got the brackets secured with rivets and just like you said, if I took it down I'd have holes there.

I might try adding some extra door seals and see if that helps at all. Will let y'all know after I try that. Thanks for the replies!

I added some D-type automotive weather stripping to the doors and that drastically cut down on the wind noise. I think the brackets prevented the stock seals from getting a good seal. I added a picture of what I did on both sides. One long strip from the side mirror to the corner at the B-pilar. One more small strip right around the brackets. Doors still open and close just as they did without the extra stripping.

Ok, another update. I removed the light bar and the brackets. After taking a trip 65 miles up the highway, my mpg dropped significantly. I usually get 18-19, but with the light bar I was getting 13-15. That is a no go for me.

Maybe a bull bar or the 30" light behind the grill would be better for MPG.

Ok, another update. I removed the light bar and the brackets. After taking a trip 65 miles up the highway, my mpg dropped significantly. I usually get 18-19, but with the light bar I was getting 13-15. That is a no go for me.

Maybe a bull bar or the 30" light behind the grill would be better for MPG.

They have these trucks so streamlined that even minor things like a cb antenna will show in mileage...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Archived