Pedal Commander

Has anyone tried one of these in a 6.2? I used search and found zilch.

It may sound crazy, but I know there are different throttle maps on my 17 Sierra and my wife's 17 Denali 6.2's. It's not that one is faster, just hers drives more like a car and on mine to get that same response you have to mash the throttle pretty deep.

Both have about 1,500 miles in them. I know that these are not supposed to be able to be detected by the flash counter as they simply are installed between accelerator plug ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Well I took a chance and ordered a Pedal Commander to see how well I would like it, about 10 days ago.

For those that do not know, it is not a programmer. It is more of an inline interceptor for throttle position, for my lack of a better explanation. A few people I know have them on Raptors and spoke highly of them. Also I just got my wife a new Yukon Denali(6.2)and noticed that the throttle map/sensitivity of the pedal is different than my truck(with the 6.2) and I wanted something with more of a response.

Initial impressions are good. It has several settings: Normal/Off, Eco, City, Sport, and Sport+...It also has the ability to advance or retard sensitivity 4 points either way in each setting.

I like City mode so far and have advanced it a few points and finally settled back to neutral. I am pleased with the purchase, and have 2 weeks to evaluate and keep or return for a full refund, no questions asked. I purchased directly from Pedal Commander and used a Labor Day coupon code to get a nice discount. I paid $245 for it, normal price is $299. At the $250 price point it seems like a good value if....you want a little tighter pedal.

Install took literally 5 minutes and I could do it again in less than 2. Plug and play and not a tuner, so no probs with the dealer. I routed mine up beside the steering wheel but you could set it like you desire and put it behind the floorboard carpets and never worry with it. I like the ability to change if I want and can be adjusted on the fly.

I hope this helps others later if they have questions.c6d9680c224f5eebdb9b72b59d882774.jpg

Does the trans downshift with less throttle now or just more responsive and you still need to mash throttle to get it to kick down I find my 2017 sierra 6.2 needs too much throttle to make trans downshift

Does the trans downshift with less throttle now or just more responsive and you still need to mash throttle to get it to kick down I find my 2017 sierra 6.2 needs too much throttle to make trans downshift

I noticed the same thing last week while towing my Polaris Ranger 120 miles. I haven't tower with it since installation, but it does respond faster with alot less depression.

I had a sprint booster before my Blackbear tune. It worked pretty well but no one believed me at the time because it was a pretty new product.

It's just a shame that GM won't give us a choice of economy, sport, and towing control on these new vehicles. Hell I think I even had it on an old Saturn sedan I had around the late 90's.

• 5 months later...

Just wondering if you are still happy with this product?  I noticed a huge difference in throttle response going from my 2011 Sierra to my 2016 and came across this product yesterday in doing some internet searches.  Seems like it works pretty well.  Just need to decide if it's worth $300 to me.

Archived