2016 and 2017 texas editions?

My 16 Texas Edition SLT with max tow pkg, 6.2l. Found it at a dealer 90 miles from home. Found it on a Saturday nite on the internet, sent email and went and got it on Monday. Love it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The all star package and Texas Edition have different variations or bundles. I’ve owned a few from Ford and GM. Pretty cost effective and not just a sticker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In late July of 2017 I bought a 2017 Sierra SLT CC Texas Edition 6.2L 2WD with vented seats and the Bose stereo for $38,550 from Hiley GMC in Forth Worth, TX. I then had it shipped to Southern California for $975. Never even stepped foot in a dealership. I worked with an AMAZING salesman named Robert Olson. Getting a TVS1900 and tune (ECM and TCM) done within the month. I know how to get the 2017 8-speed TCM tune done, but I can't spill the beans yet.

I'm not 100% sure what the differences are between the Texas Edition versus a regular Sierra. I knew that the only four must-haves for me were crew cab, the 6.2L engine, vented seats, and Bose stereo, so I just searched the country for the lowest priced one I could find.

And I'm not having to send in my TCM to HPTuners. It's an AutoCal tune. I'll be posting all of the details and results once it's finalized. Could take close to a month to get all of the pieces in place, parts purchased, install done, etc. Sorry, I realize this was off-topic for this thread, but I wanted to clarify a bit before I got tons of replies saying that they already knew abut HPTuners doing the 2017 8-speed.

At least on the Chevys, Texas Edition and All-Star Edition are the same thing except for the badging on the truck. For an LT, power driver's seat, remote start, LED fog lights, 5.3L, and I think I'm missing something else.

Edit: I found a listing:

10-Way Power Driver Seat Adjuster

Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control

Remote Vehicle Starter System

Electric Rear-Window Defogger

Manual Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column

110-Volt AC Power Outlet

Texas Edition Badging

Trailering Package

Heavy-Duty Rear Locking Differential

Thin Profile LED Fog Lamps

Theft Deterrent System