has anyone trimmed their liners?

zu13

my tires are currently rubbing (recently got new tires) and i either need to trim the liners or lift the front at least a half inch. Currently i have a leveling kit on the truck and an add a leaf on the back... Ive researched and can't find much on how people have cut the fenders or a way to fix this rubbing problem!

when i got 20s on they were rubbing the mud flaps bad, after the level it wasnt as bad. I trimmed the inside corner piece of the mud flaps.

that may not help you out but double check and make sure it isnt the mud flap

Mine rubbed ever so slightly at full turn, but it wasn't enough for me to trim them. One suggestion I was given was to take a heat gun (or hair dryer I guess) and heat up the liner and fold it a bit to get enough clearance. I never tried it, but it was a suggestion that might be worth testing out before you cut/modify them.

Mine rubbed ever so slightly at full turn, but it wasn't enough for me to trim them. One suggestion I was given was to take a heat gun (or hair dryer I guess) and heat up the liner and fold it a bit to get enough clearance. I never tried it, but it was a suggestion that might be worth testing out before you cut/modify them.

the heat gun doesnt really work all that well on the newer fabric style liners. You either cant get them hot enough to warp them, or you get them so hot you burn the material. its a really fine line

Here's how I did mineea0a249b96fe98f91672283601504669.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

So I upgraded my front lift from the RC level kit to a supreme suspension 2.5 inch and I hope that takes away a lot of the rub. Initially the shop installed the top without uninstalling the bottom old level.... so now my truck is at Big O tires getting realigned and removing that bottom shackle cause I maxed out and the UCA was resting on the stopper....

Can you send me a zoomed out picture of this? I'm gonna do this this weekend!

Archived