Any regrets of trading in your 2014 for a 2017

Dub1796

I currently have a 2014 all terrain sierra @ 0% financing with 4 years left on payments. My brother can get me a 2017 all terrain @ 0% financing again and $13k off, just like my current truck. Money is not an issue, my concern is that the 2017 may have flaws that I am not aware of. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The new truck has a power sunroof, power rear window, 8 speed transmission, and led lights. Those are the only features different from my current truck, for a $20 difference in monthly payments.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what you mean when you say money is not an issue. A power sunroof, power rear window, 8 speed transmission, and led lights would not motivate me to get significantly further into debt. Whereas if money truly was no issue then I'd definitely upgrade!

Why not just wait to see what the next generation brings to the table; especially if your current truck is still serving you well? Like Donstar mentioned, whats the point of gaining more debt to buy a truck with the same underpinnings as what you have? We should see more clarity on what the next gen model brings by March-April 2018 and the trucks available by August 18.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say money is not an issue. A power sunroof, power rear window, 8 speed transmission, and led lights would not motivate me to get significantly further into debt. Whereas if money truly was no issue then I'd definitely upgrade!

By no means am i super wealthy lol. i look at my truck as cost of living. Fortunately, my truck payment and mortgage is my only debt. Thanks for the input

I currently have a 2014 all terrain sierra @ 0% financing with 4 years left on payments. My brother can get me a 2017 all terrain @ 0% financing again and $13k off, just like my current truck. Money is not an issue, my concern is that the 2017 may have flaws that I am not aware of. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The new truck has a power sunroof, power rear window, 8 speed transmission, and led lights. Those are the only features different from my current truck, for a $20 difference in monthly payments.

Give it a few months and see the new truck first.

Why not just wait to see what the next generation brings to the table; especially if your current truck is still serving you well? Like Donstar mentioned, whats the point of gaining more debt to buy a truck with the same underpinnings as what you have? We should see more clarity on what the next gen model brings by March-April 2018 and the trucks available by August 18.

Good point. Other then this sierra, I havnt had much luck buying first gen remodels, so I would wait. idk if I can wait bc my brother will be leaving the dealership. thanks

I went from 2015 to a 2017. The upgrades (6.2, crew cab, led lights) were all worth it to me.

The only thing I don't like is the 8 speed and lower speeds. WOT is great, but its a little clunky on slow starts and cold starts.

Thanks

Give it a few months and see the new truck first.

Is it being unveiled soon?

If you don't have any issues with your 2014 truck, for heavens sake, keep it!

Wait for the 2019's that we all are anxious to see. The 6speed is better dependability over the 8 speed.

I just traded my 2014 Silverado LT crew cab with 27,000 miles on a 2017 LT crew cab and could not be happier with the new truck. I was able to reuse my Headwaters seat covers and my tonneau cover from my 2014 and got a vehicle whose platform improves every year. I would not want to be in the first year of any radical change in the power or drive train especially.

I just traded my 2014 Silverado LT crew cab with 27,000 miles on a 2017 LT crew cab and could not be happier with the new truck. I was able to reuse my Headwaters seat covers and my tonneau cover from my 2014 and got a vehicle whose platform improves every year. I would not want to be in the first year of any radical change in the power or drive train especially.

Welcome to this forum! I once considered freshening up my current '15 SLE to a '17 SLE. With the exception of the new car smell and feel, I found very little improvement. There was nothing in appearance or performance that would justify the expense. What are some of the advantages you have found with your new LT?

3 months

i don't believe the 19 will be out until mid summer of 18.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived