Cleaning Polished Aluminum Wheels

What do you all use to clean and keep the shine on the polished aluminum wheels? There's lots of wheel cleaners out there, but don't want to use anything to harsh. Truck only has 300 miles on it and there's a black film already. Hoping this is just from the brakes getting broken in, and will get better over time. Would there be any benefit in putting some wax or polish on them once in a while or before winter or are they clear coated where it won't matter?

Do you mean actual polished aluminum wheels , as in American Forces and Specialty Forged or the cheapy OEM "polished" wheels

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L

4.5" Zone

22x10 AF Grips

33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Instagram @wildchevys

Turtle Wax All Wheel cleaner has done a good job but my wheels are the machined painted All Terrain 20's. Meguiars makes a cleaner for polished wheels that works good. Rejex sealant helps keep wheels protected but eventually you will need to polish with Mothers or similar product.

It depends on the wheel like wildchevys asked too. Factory wheels have a clear coat and should be treated like paint.

Aftermarket bare aluminum wheels can be polished using metal polish and a microfiber. Follow up with a nice sealant and be prepared to polish them in a few months again.

It depends on the wheel like wildchevys asked too. Factory wheels have a clear coat and should be treated like paint.

Aftermarket bare aluminum wheels can be polished using metal polish and a microfiber. Follow up with a nice sealant and be prepared to polish them in a few months again.

or weeks lol

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L

4.5" Zone

22x10 AF Grips

33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Instagram @wildchevys

I use bleach white on my wheels if it's dirty and then wax with whatever wax I use on my vehicle, which is 99% some type of McGuire. I like McGuire wax lol. But I don't have the stock 20 chrome on mine. I changed them to aftermarket but same cleaning / waxing process.

Archived