ANyone ever done this?

So my dealer recently contacted me and wants to buy my truck back because it is "highly wanted". I have a 2016 chevy double cab 4x4 midnite edition with 15k miles on it. This is the first vehicle I have ever leased and they are offering to give me $32,330 and take that from lease and cut me a check for the rest. Obviously, not going to do this if it doesnt make sense but curious if it is worth the time to go to dealer and listen to what they have to offer. My plan before this is just to buy truck out after lease and than go from there. ANyone have any advice or suggestions about this? If I did take the buyout I would probably get a buy a used truck that is not too old so I could have standard loan and have it paid off after 4 or 5 years.

It's just a way to get you in to the dealership to look at something new.

Yep, I still get letters from dealership's that want to buy my 2014, I have a 2016 now lol. Not calling for that

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

One of the new scams is extended warranty. I get letters in the mail stating last chance on continuing your warranty. I just got one for my 17 Camry, it's two months old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just a way to get you in to the dealership to look at something new.

Exactly. I get those in the mail all the time. I file them in the recycle bin.

Just keep what you have unless you're looking to get out of it. Are you looking to get out of it?

Snowman get similar letters every 2-3 months or so. Just another way to get live bodies into dealership. Always list a very good trade value but the fine print states:

A. Must purchase a higher priced truck out of ones budget

B. If traded in on a cloudy Monday morning between 9 and 9:02

C. No scratches, swirls, or dings on paint

D. Be unwilling to negotiate lower price on new truck or 12.99% interest rate offered.

Not quite a scam but you get the picture.

Thanks for the advice. I will be keeping the truck as I love the truck except for the transmission ( annoys me to no end).

they sent me an email saying the same thing. I replied to the email, never heard anything back. Just was curious to see what they'd offer me.

2015 1500 LT Silverado Midnight Edition

One of the new scams is extended warranty. I get letters in the mail stating last chance on continuing your warranty. I just got one for my 17 Camry, it's two months old.

I had received one of these 2 weeks after purchasing my 17 Silverado. Unreal...

Ya it's a scam. I used to get letters from the local dealership when I had my Saturn Ion years ago. The letter looked very personalize (I wasn't stupid though) and showed great interest in my vehicle... Heck, they even had a buyer for it!

Such a load of crap. I was so sick of getting these letters I had to email them and tell them to pound sand and take me off their mailing list.

Ya know, I don't think we call it a scam. It is what it is. There are a meaningful % of recipients that take it at face value. They don't ask others' experience, etc., and there ya go.

Not the dealerships fault if that % of the public is that gullible. Caveat emptor. Take care of our damn selves.

Not a scam.

(Did I really just take sides with the dealership community?!?)

So my dealer recently contacted me and wants to buy my truck back because it is "highly wanted". I have a 2016 chevy double cab 4x4 midnite edition with 15k miles on it. This is the first vehicle I have ever leased and they are offering to give me $32,330 and take that from lease and cut me a check for the rest. Obviously, not going to do this if it doesnt make sense but curious if it is worth the time to go to dealer and listen to what they have to offer. My plan before this is just to buy truck out after lease and than go from there. ANyone have any advice or suggestions about this? If I did take the buyout I would probably get a buy a used truck that is not too old so I could have standard loan and have it paid off after 4 or 5 years.

I agree with the others that this is an attempt to get more from you. The part I am not clear on is that this letter sounds like you could get out of your lease early and be given cash - not a penalty. If you gave a significant down payment at time of initial sidning then this may not be a good deal for you. If you are simply making monthly payments, this could be a chance to get out of your lease and into a heavily discounted '17 with a low or no interest loan.

Archived