Illuminated Door Handles

Just finished adding Escalade - Illuminated Door Handles. Made a "How-To" video for it. Took me about 6 hours but mainly due to recording the video.

Love the new look!

https://youtu.be/Y8IgHpyvYN0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pgamboa
  • Like 20
  • Haha 1

That is sweet. I didn't watch the whole video but would it be possible to change the color or the LED?

Dont see that possible. The LED assembly is one piece. I didn't look into it because I was so excited to get them installed. :). But any further disassembly would require it to be pried open.

• Like 1

Do you know if the LED light for the inside door handle comes on when you unlock the truck? Wouldn't mind having these on at night even while driving. Was thinking if tapped into those wires it would save the time of running wires to the rear doors.

Dont see that possible. The LED assembly is one piece. I didn't look into it because I was so excited to get them installed. :). But any further disassembly would require it to be pried open.

Ah, too bad but fair enough. They look great though.

Do you know if the LED light for the inside door handle comes on when you unlock the truck? Wouldn't mind having these on at night even while driving. Was thinking if tapped into those wires it would save the time of running wires to the rear doors.

Nevermind. Noticed the back doors don't have the inner handle led's like the fronts do. Oh well.
  • Like 1

Nevermind. Noticed the back doors don't have the inner handle led's like the fronts do. Oh well.

If you did this, the door handle lights would be on all the time at night and while driving. Unless you want it like this?

sooooo sweet!!!!

looks great!!

Thanks!

Seems like a lot of work to me, but if ya have the time and the desire, that's all that matters. The final product is beautiful. Very nice work. You could easily sell those to people, maybe even on the this site's store, or eBay.

I bought the handles on eBay and got them painted. The seller only has them in Green. The base is a dark "Green/Envy" color. The tops of all their handles are a "platinum" (chrome looking) painted color. So they were color matched to Black (GBA - RPO).

• Like 1

Nice work. I think I'll add the Esky handles to my Yukon. Wonder if it will be plug & play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have passive lock/unlock, you'll have the wiring for that, but doubt it'll be loaded with the Puddle lamp circuit. If you decide to start exploring, let me know as I'm curious on how GM routed the wiring.