2016 2500 Denali - Bad paint quality

Wow...

I realize that GM paint is "water-based" but unfortunatly your flaking / peeling looks like a bad repaint from a body shop..

Guess my truck has been lucky with very minor chips in painted front bumper.

Not looking forward to it's first winter in Iowa...

Wonder if repaint and clear coating would protect??

Cheers---K

Wow...

I realize that GM paint is "water-based" but unfortunatly your flaking / peeling looks like a bad repaint from a body shop..

Guess my truck has been lucky with very minor chips in painted front bumper.

Not looking forward to it's first winter in Iowa...

Wonder if repaint and clear coating would protect??

Cheers---K

All factory paint is water based. Has been for quite a few years now.

My 2017 is starting to do the same thing with 2500 miles on it. There are bubbles popping up in the paint, then as those bubbles peel away, the rest of the paint just start lifting around it. My hood, upper fenders, and lower door skins are all doing it. They paint quality is horrible on these.

I wonder if when you number gets fixed, I would recommend 3m on the front end. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a link to the 3M product you mentioned?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my 2017 GMC Sierra 3m in the front. I live in BC and know the company here. If you live elsewhere just google who does 3m in your town. It sure protects the front end. Got the left and right pillar done and the roof up to my sunroof. Its a clear film and when it get to looking rough, just take it off and redo it. No scratches or paint chips. Hope this helps.

I have probably a 1/4 of my truck wrapped in 3m clear... only way to keep the paint on these trucks. My trucks nose, and the bottom up to the door moulding from front to rear has it. Plus I had a piece added in front of the rear wheels on the bedside that goes almost to the height of the top of wheel arch opening and ahead to almost the fuel door covering where the box side flares outward. Should help for a while.

Just got my 2017 GMC Sierra 3m in the front. I live in BC and know the company here. If you live elsewhere just google who does 3m in your town. It sure protects the front end. Got the left and right pillar done and the roof up to my sunroof. Its a clear film and when it get to looking rough, just take it off and redo it. No scratches or paint chips. Hope this helps.

Roughly Where in B.C are you? And what was the cost? I live in the Lower Mainland. Would be interested is such a product. Thanks.

Roughly Where in B.C are you? And what was the cost? I live in the Lower Mainland. Would be interested is such a product. Thanks.

Hello, I paid $300 and the dealer picked up the rest. Solar Tech Film in Kelowna their number is 778-484-5150 Randal is the guy to ask for. I had my whole front end done headlights and both pillars and the top of the roof up to the sunroof. I had my last truck all done. Had a car hit my bumper pulled the 3m off not a scratch. I think for what we pay for our trucks it’s worth it. If I can help you further let me know. Thanks and be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived