Need multiple questions answered

I had a older retired couple stop me and start talking to me about their new truck they bought. It is a 2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd with the 6.6 engine. They have hired me to do aftermarket accessories on their vehicle. They want the AMI swing step bull bar installed. Does anyone have this particular one. Will it mess with the front sensors? Next question is about rims and tires. The truck has fender flares and they want the new rims to be flush with them. Would a -12 offset be about perfect? Last question. They want a hitch cover and don't know where to find one that fits the 2500 hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they hire you to research what parts will work on their rig, or to install the parts that they have selected? The latter being preferable of course. If your just installing parts, then you don't need your brain - all you need is your hands. If they hired you to figure out what will make them happy and then install the parts, then you have taken on a big responsibility. If the final result is not satisfactory to them, then you might be working for free.

For the Class V (2.5") hitch, I believe this is all that is available..Curt (C22277), Reese (45144), or Titan (45144). If you install the 2" adapter, the options are obviously endless...

Did they hire you to research what parts will work on their rig, or to install the parts that they have selected? The latter being preferable of course. If your just installing parts, then you don't need your brain - all you need is your hands. If they hired you to figure out what will make them happy and then install the parts, then you have taken on a big responsibility. If the final result is not satisfactory to them, then you might be working for free.

I drive a 2015 Silverado 1500 so I'm very familiar with those but I understand that there are a few differences between the gmc and Silverado and a 1500 vs 2500. They liked my truck and they explain to me which parts they are looking for. I then go and try to research a few parts that I believe are fitting the criteria and they choose one. They know which bull bar they want but I told them I would have to find out if it would mess with the sensors. And same with the rims. They showed me what rims they want and they explained how they wanted the stance. So that's what I have to figure out.

I drive a 2015 Silverado 1500 so I'm very familiar with those but I understand that there are a few differences between the gmc and Silverado and a 1500 vs 2500. They liked my truck and they explain to me which parts they are looking for. I then go and try to research a few parts that I believe are fitting the criteria and they choose one. They know which bull bar they want but I told them I would have to find out if it would mess with the sensors. And same with the rims. They showed me what rims they want and they explained how they wanted the stance. So that's what I have to figure out.

What size tires?

Archived