i have a 2017 GMC Sierra Denali. does anyone else have terrible Sirius Satellite reception? THere are multiple times throughout my commute where the radio goes completely out. and there are no trees or any other interferences. it was a probably on my yukon denali and now this one. what gives? is it a GM problem?

This is not a GM issue. Its a reception issue with Sirius XM itself. They will tell you its due to tall buildings and or all the cell phone towers. I still call bullshit on this because when Im in the sticks with zero cell coverage, I have spotty service on the radio. Friends Ford is the same way.

It didn't used to be that way. My first exposure to XM was on my parents' 04 Buick Rainier. That thing would get an uninterrupted XM signal inside the garage with the garage doors closed! I never noticed any XM reception problems on my 09 Silverado until the last couple of years. Now it cuts out constantly for no reason, even if there are no visible obstructions between the truck and the sky.

GM switched to a cheaper antenna. I am hoping they go back to a good antenna for the next generation truck and that it is backwards compatible.

This is probably true and not doubting your info here at all, but my uncle drives a Honda Ridgeline after coming from a Chevy and he said his Honda cuts out in the same areas as the Chevy did.

I have a 2017 Silverado LT with Bose, just changed out factory HU to alpine x110 SLV.

Prior to this SXM would frequently drop, go in and out etc.

Since changing HU with SXM adapter I haven't had any issues

Weird I know but true, wife's suburban never has an issue with it

Really think it is something with the factory HU

• 1 month later...

Mine has terrible reception in my hometown, 17 Sierra Denali.  I drove 4 hours on the interstate and around Dallas TX and it never cut out once.  As soon as I hit the city limit sign on the return home the reception started cutting out again.  My wife has a 2010 Camaro SS and has never had a reception issue.  I can follow her around town and mine will constantly cut out but she never misses a beat (same station even).  I have had signal resent 4 times and finally gave up.

Archived