Aftermarket Cooling Transmission pan

Looking to replace the factory transmission pan with one that adds a couple of quarts plus has fins and or cooling tubes through it like the ones made by Derale. Anyone with a 2015 sierra 1500 5.3l suggest one that has good results? also, to double check myself, the 6 spd tranny is the 6L80 correct?

Looking to replace the factory transmission pan with one that adds a couple of quarts plus has fins and or cooling tubes through it like the ones made by Derale. Anyone with a 2015 sierra 1500 5.3l suggest one that has good results? also, to double check myself, the 6 spd tranny is the 6L80 correct?

Before you do that, just want to make sure you're aware that these transmissions have a built in thermostat that does not allow fluid to flow to the trans cooler until it hits 190.

I personally had my thermostat malfunction and my trans frequently saw 225.

So no matter what you do, you're not going to get below 190 unless you remove the thermostat.

You probably already know that, but just incase you don't

I always thought it would be nice if the aftermarket could make a lower temp thermostat for the transmission. I know some have bypassed the thermostat so it's always open but it would still be nice to have the thermostat to aid in warming the transmission up faster (especially when it's cold out).

TRU-COOL THERMAL VALVE. COLD WEATHER BYPASS FOR TRANSMISSION COOLER:

US $36.95

eBay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRU-COOL-THERMAL-BYPASS-VALVE-COLD-WEATHER-TRANSMISSION-COOLER-LONG-OC-4739P6-/201522407976?hash=item2eebabea28:g:ESYAAOSwKtVWvg6n&vxp=mtr

s-l1600.jpg

US $36.95

Thats what we already have on ur trucks, only its 190 degrees instead of 180

Edit:which is exactly what he was looking for lol

TRU-COOL THERMAL VALVE. COLD WEATHER BYPASS FOR TRANSMISSION COOLER:

US $36.95

eBay link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRU-COOL-THERMAL-BYPASS-VALVE-COLD-WEATHER-TRANSMISSION-COOLER-LONG-OC-4739P6-/201522407976?hash=item2eebabea28:g:ESYAAOSwKtVWvg6n&vxp=mtr

s-l1600.jpg

US $36.95

I'm betting that would void a factory warranty, just looking for something to keep the tranny cooler when towing our 6k lb camper. usually it stays around the 195-205 region but it did get to 226 once when pulling up a 4 mile long 7 degree hill...guess i'll be going with the secondary cooling unit with fan.

Archived