Michelin LTX AT2's

2016LTCC

Does anyone have any experience with these tires? How they balance up and feel on the highway? I have had a ton of trouble with the factory SRA's balancing and causing vibrations. I am considering 275/65/18. Trying to decide between these and Nitto terra grapplers.

I have always heard great things about the Michelins. I have had a few sets on the wifes car and they were great. I just replaced my SRA's with some LTX's and it has not gone very well. I have been back 4 times to discount for balancing and they have replaced 1 tire that was bad so far. They are balanced ok at the moment but I may just get something different as they are not even as smooth as my SRA's were.

They wear not so hot on the HD trucks. Most seem to get 30-35k miles out of them at best. Might do better on a lighter truck however. GM uses them on the 18" wheels as the all terrain tire option and the all terrain tire option for dually trucks.

Went with Defender LTX M/S in 275/65-18. Little over 10,000 on them, great tire so far.

+1

The defender ltx is the newer tire. I have 275/55/20s and I love them. Smooth at 90, great in rain, quiet, and look good. No snow or ice yet, and they were decent in some light mud. Look brand new after 8k. Got a set under $800 when costco had big rebates (march), and they matched them at discount tire with their own rebate when using their card. Keep an eye on slickdeals.net for the offers...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Yea IM going to agree with Texas Daddy and GRN69GHV on there choice. I got the AT2 in 2015 with my HD and I wouldnt throw them under the bus completely, The Defender is my next tire for my HD. I picked up a set of them for my 1500 and there smooth and quiet and the rain traction was very good.

Archived