Joining the Chevy crowd for the first time in my life.

GMcD

I was back and forth between a Silverado or a F-150 but something about the Silverado kept calling my name. It took weeks of searching to find the truck i wanted and the price point i needed (Crew cab,4x4,LT,v8) but i finally did. Got a 2014 Silverado with 70k miles for $27k out the door. Not a killer deal but i feel its solid. Heres a pic of my girl. Ill be picking her up on Monday and cant wait to get her.

post-177110-0-55619500-1505577114_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome. They are the best trucks on the market. I don't see a pic of your truck.

Pic not uploading. Hmmmm

Edit: Got it! 1 meg is too small for a maximum upload size.

I was back and forth between a Silverado or a F-150 but something about the Silverado kept calling my name. It took weeks of searching to find the truck i wanted and the price point i needed (Crew cab,4x4,LT,v8) but i finally did. Got a 2014 Silverado with 70k miles for $27k out the door. Not a killer deal but i feel its solid. Heres a pic of my girl. Ill be picking her up on Monday and cant wait to get her.

Welcome to the family, GMcD! Silverado strong is the only way to drive. If you ever have any questions about your truck or would like a build sheet (RPO codes etc.), please send us a private message!

Best regards,

Anthony

GM Customer Care

Really nice to have a GM rep on the forums! I tried sending a PM with my vin to get a spec sheet but it says you cannot accept PM's. Am i doing something wrong?

Really nice to have a GM rep on the forums! I tried sending a PM with my vin to get a spec sheet but it says you cannot accept PM's. Am i doing something wrong?

Yes it seems to stay full at times. Another option is to send an email to [email protected] and include your VIN to ask for a build sheet. That's what I had to do for my '17 I purchased in July. And welcome to GM and the forums!

Im getting a bit nervous. From the Carfax, its obvious they were trying to fix a vibration issue (changed drive shaft, front differential, went from stock 22" tires to 20" tires, different types of engine/transmission reprograms). I have to drive 5 hours to see how bad its going to be. Might be a wasted trip because i wont buy a truck with a bad vibration.

Unless you have already made the deal tell them that you want them to pay for your fuel back if it does not meet your expectations, the vibration. Ask the sales person to go drive it and be honest with you. I know that sounds crazy but they would rather tell you now vs have you go crazy in the dealership after traveling and finding out is shakes.

Unfortunately its too late for all that. They are closed today and i have to leave at 4:30am so i can arrive to the dealership when they open. Of course i dont have to buy it if it shakes like jello. I guess its the chance i take.

Archived