The center link on my truck is an "isolated" center link that has the bushing that I am assuming is grease filled. The bushing seems to have play in it as well as leaking grease. Is the bushing itself replaceable? Also is the center link replaceable with a 3500 non isolated center link. The bushing is to stop road vibration, a little vibration won't bother me any. I just want to tighten the steering up. Everything else is tight and I do have tie rod sleeves too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking about the pitman arm end? As I recall, the greasable joint is part of the pitman arm, and the pitman arm stud goes through an isolater bushing in the center link. Either way there shouldn't be any side-to-side play.

Are you talking about the pitman arm end? As I recall, the greasable joint is part of the pitman arm, and the pitman arm stud goes through an isolater bushing in the center link. Either way there shouldn't be any side-to-side play.

I think he is referring to the carrier bearing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

a75dc42e8e11ed824e75ae8deab7da78.jpg

All the way on the left. There's a big rubber bushing that's in the center link. The pitman arm goes through it. Unlike the usual solid center link. It's called an isolated center link. It's supposed to reduce road vibration in the steering wheel. There is play in the rubber bushing and there looks to be grease coming out of it.

I'm talking about the isolator bushing it goes through. When your under truck and turn the wheel. You can see the pitman arm squishing the bushing before the tires even start to turn. I want to know, if the bushing is changeable? Or is it possible to swap in a 3500hd center link? As I have heard that they do not have the isolator bushing.

Looks like the bushing is available from the dealer, but I think the 3500's use the same isolated center link.

Why don't I remember that bushing on my 2500?

Hmmm....that's why I don't remember it...b14000523a40e15deaa239163cb30d6a.jpg7584d7b2386d3fbffddb246f80b8b391.jpg

Posted (edited)

I'm going to guess it's because I have an LS (upgraded work truck)? I can get you the last six of the VIN if you want to try looking up that part number...

Edited by sdeeter19555