Standard Bed Crew Cab Hard To Find?

nowicksl

I average 13 in my 6.0 crew, I see 16 on long trips if I drive slow. My brother has a 5.3 Tahoe, he sees 20 or so at best and averages around 16. I think most people will probably see 3-4 mpg difference. That's not chump change by any means, and plenty of people don't need an HD, but personally I didn't see the difference as prohibitive. That being said, I have a short commute.

My father in law bought my grandpas 2011 2500 with the 6.0. Grandpa got around 14 average while the father in law has gotten in the 15-16s. Grandpa guns it from light to light and father in law sets cruise and babies it pretty good. Doesn’t seem to me like there is a big difference between the two driving styles for mpg. Just something else to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is funny. People who claim the short bed is worthless need to pull their heads out. Reality is and market trends confirm, 90% of truck owners drive around with an empty bed a vast majority of the time. Dealers keep inventory of what sells. That should tell anyone with common sense that trucks are mostly driven for image.

OP,

There are CC Standard beds around, but if you are picky on what you are looking for option wise, as others have mentioned, expand tour search to a bigger area; even out f state, or consider ordering exactly what you want from the dealer. I drive by my local dealer lots every couple of weeks and they have a few CC Standard beds on hand, so they are out there.

I personally don't drive a truck for work or for image and I prefer the 6.5' box. I stopped buying the 8' box because of a lack of need and availability. I have owned a "short box" Sierra and often found it lacking for the times I needed to haul material. 6.5' is just right.

So much depends on your circumstances. If you drive in any major city, or put your truck in a typical suburban garage, you don't want a cc with a 6.5 bed. I work in a fairly small city and store my truck outside, so the 6.5 bed doesn't hurt anything. And i have an old 72 longbed I use for hauling, so the cap makes sense as a place for the dogs and storage if we road trip.

But some people don't have dogs, some people work in major cities, some people park their truck in a small garage. So they need the shorter bed.

Also, hard as it is to believe, there are even some weirdos that like the way a 5.5 foot bed looks on the truck. Are they wrong? No. They are just different. Like transgenders, vegans, and pastafarians.

Then that puts you in the 10% doesn't it...notice how i didn't say all truck drivers, instead i said most. Facts are facts, most people who drive trucks dont need them all the time...good that you have a truck that suits your need.

I personally don't drive a truck for work or for image and I prefer the 6.5' box. I stopped buying the 8' box because of a lack of need and availability. I have owned a "short box" Sierra and often found it lacking for the times I needed to haul material. 6.5' is just right.

I got a 2014 cc 6.5 ft slt with everything except the sunroof and 6.2. For the life of me when i was looking in oct 2014, nobody had the 6.2 at all in stock in the cc 6.5ft bed. That was my main want other than the cc standard bed. So i compromised. Sticker was 55k ish got it for 38k. So i guess i cant complain.

I just sold my extended cab standard bed 14 Silverado and picked up a 17 cc standard bed. I also wanted some very specific options and had a hard time finding one. They are rare and worst of all they are hard to search for. None of the major sites allow you to refine a truck search by configuration. It's very frustrating.

They are rare and worst of all they are hard to search for. None of the major sites allow you to refine a truck search by configuration. It's very frustrating.

Took the words right out of my mouth! I wish cars.com and Autotrader would have more search parameters. I only wanted the 6.2L when I was looking for my CC/standard bed but the only way to refine the search based on motor was number of cylinders. Since obviously the 5.3 and the 6.2 are both v8's that was no help at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk