Mud flaps/Splash guard advice please. 15 Sierra Denali 1/2 ton

Hey guys, first post here. Did some searching/research before I started this thread and if I just need some education on how to search, I'm happy to learn. The newest I could find was pre 14 stuff. Truck is new to me and has the factory running boards and they seem to be a home for mud/rocks and anything else that I drive through. Looking for some recommendations from the guys who have tried and succeeded with the different types available. Looks are important, but the actual functionality is the main priority. Thanks for any and all input.

Kris

I liked the husky mud flaps, only had then on a year, and been happy with the results so far.

I figure if I need to I can always go bigger in the future with the gm ones.....I just didn't want that big of one rubbing on the paint, and having to drill into the truck wasn't high on the list either...

I just installed the Husky's over the weekend.

Fronts went on in 10 minutes...just turn the steering wheel to give you plenty of room, and it's 4 screws on each side.

Rears are slightly more challenging due to the lack of space...I used a socket driver and a vise grip to remove and reinstall the bottom two screws.

One note - Husky includes double stick tape to hold the top of the rear mudflaps in place....I went ahead and drilled the two upper holes and installed the screws though....took an extra 10 minutes.

I just installed the Husky's over the weekend.

Fronts went on in 10 minutes...just turn the steering wheel to give you plenty of room, and it's 4 screws on each side.

Rears are slightly more challenging due to the lack of space...I used a socket driver and a vise grip to remove and reinstall the bottom two screws.

One note - Husky includes double stick tape to hold the top of the rear mudflaps in place....I went ahead and drilled the two upper holes and installed the screws though....took an extra 10 minutes.

I added the 2 screws also, was worried about the tape failing eventually.

Had the rear Husky's for about 2 hours. Had them installed by the dealer and the tape came lose after a few hours. I didn't want to drill, so I went back and traded for the Weathertec, which are no-drill and super easy install. I've been pleased with them - had them for about a year now. No issues. The effectiveness of the mud flaps is somewhat limited due to the size of my tires and the small lift I have on the truck.

Thanks to all for your input. I guess I don't really like the idea of holes, but also hate the crap on the boards all the time. Was in the woods yesterday and got home and they had pine needles all over them. Not little ones that dry and blow off, the long wet white pine ones that don't blow off!!!!

Kris

Archived