In channel vs over channel door ventvisors

Does anyone have experience on a 2016+ with the AVS in channel Ventvisors vs the taped on ones? I've heard that when closing driver window with the auto up, the window will come back down when it hits the 'in channel' ventvisor.

I like the new AVS low profile ones that have a flat rather than rounded look to them. By buddy has a set on his 2017 Denali duramax and they look great. My only concern is the 3m double sided tape on the paint.

I've hand first ever experience with the in-channel versions.. Lund AVS, for my CCSB.

I had issues with the rears not fitting right, bowing inward at the centers (both rears). I called Lund and was able to get a replacement set within a few days (awesome support). They have updated instructions that specify having a 2nd person pull the Channel outward, while closing the window. This seats it correctly. They recommend leaving the window closed for 3 days for 3m to set.

I've had only 2 instances of the driver roll back down. There is a relearn process that I have yet to do. @cbrsilv15 had the process listed somewhere...

But so far, so good.

Before:

9986fd8996a4306219f4228d041a170d.jpg

Before:

4a51c05d09c129312c1bf2a9f9f5f20e.jpg

After:

5923a081996650a0ff97701bb00a0fa5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the in-channel kind on my 2016 Silverado. It is a 2500 crew cab Duramax. After a year, only issue is I had to get some double sided tape for the rear visors. They were starting to fall. Otherwise, no issues. Auto up works fine.72d6eb74707982153ae86054061a215c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have the AVS in-channel deflectors on my 17 CC and the driver's side front window did frequently auto reverse at the top of travel. A few days ago, I performed the relearn procedure and it hasn't happened since. I also recently had an oil coating treatment applied to the body, so it might have lubricated the window mechanism and the track that the glass travels in, thus making it slide easier. Lastly, the temperature has dropped substantially here in recent days, which may also be affecting things. Considering all this, it's too early to tell if the problem is permanently cured.

Still though, the problem essentially amounts to only an annoyance and the in-channel deflectors are nice. Even when the problem occurs, you can still wrestle the window up. With multiple attempts of actuating the switch, it eventually closes. I still prefer the in-channel deflectors to the surface mount style.

Note: There is a feature described in the Owner's Manual called "Obstacle Detection Override" which is supposed to allow you to force the window to close, despite encountering resistance. To use this function, you hold the window switch in the up position until the window is fully closed. I found that this feature did not work to overcome the problem and the window still auto reversed when it reached the top of the frame.

Best Of Luck.

I have the avs in channel ones as well. Had rear bowing issues and scratches, so Lund sent me out some replacement ones. Great support. I have done the relearn procedure, but it doesn't seem to keep the adjustments. Auto up only works about 25% of the time. If I had to do it again, it would be the stick on ones. I never had a single issue on my s10.

I have the in channel that the dealer sells (had a credit). I cannot use the auto up feature because it drops the window back down. I have taken my truck back to the dealer and they have replaced it and "trimmed" the part that sits in the window channel with no real resolution. I might get the window to auto up 1 out of 10 times. I still have them on and would probably buy them again knowing the issue. I like the way they look and cant stand the exterior tape on ones.

I have the in channel that the dealer sells (had a credit). I cannot use the auto up feature because it drops the window back down. I have taken my truck back to the dealer and they have replaced it and "trimmed" the part that sits in the window channel with no real resolution. I might get the window to auto up 1 out of 10 times. I still have them on and would probably buy them again knowing the issue. I like the way they look and cant stand the exterior tape on ones.

Did you or the dealer do the re-learn procedure?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived