Trim Removal Tool(s)

Was wondering what trim removal tool(s) you guys are using? I've found I am using a flathead screwdriver far too often and have regretted that on a couple occasions.

Looking for a cheap set but want something that's good. I am mostly using it for simple tasks, such as concealing a cords and such.

Any links you could provide would be appreciated; bonus points if it's a Canadian company :)

Thanks.

Do you have a harbor freight? I think my set from there was about $7. Never regretted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, unfortunately not. I just looked on their website and they are super cheap there... Too bad they don't ship to Canada.

Thanks though!

Edit: I stand corrected; they do ship to Canada, but you have to email them for a quote on shipping. Right there tells me it will cost way too much :(

Amazon usually has some good prices. Not sure about the trip up north though. I've always used a screwdriver. Time to invest for me as well.

I'll probably end up getting this one: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ORNEQBA/ref=pe_3034960_233709270_TE_item_image

I always used a flathead screwdriver too, but honestly, it just takes one slip up and that $15 I would have spent on a trim removal kit would have paid for itself versus $100+ in damage. Plus trying to conceal some cords in my new car is proving to be a lot more difficult than my truck was.

simdevanma 11pcs Auto Trim Door Panel Window Molding Upholstery Clip Removal Tool Kit with 2pcs Fastener Remover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XW8DV1L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_K6FzAmesTmtzc

I bought this one but I've only used it to take my front doors apart one time each when swapping my mirrors and a little bit pushing in my trim piping.

simdevanma 11pcs Auto Trim Door Panel Window Molding Upholstery Clip Removal Tool Kit with 2pcs Fastener Remover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XW8DV1L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_K6FzAmesTmtzc

I bought this one but I've only used it to take my front doors apart one time each when swapping my mirrors and a little bit pushing in my trim piping.

That looks like a solid set; has everything you need and then some! Thanks.

For one that removes door panels and bezels a little... I recommend this set. I don’t have this exact set but a set exactly like this with lesser pieces. They are invaluable. I really like the tool that comes with this that removes those Christmas tree looking clips. Tools are very handy for removing mirror caps, trim bezels, moldings, etc. the large flat spudger tool is great for getting the door gasket to sit over the plastic window trims. Much better than screwdrivers and putty knives.

For one that removes door panels and bezels a little... I recommend this set. I don’t have this exact set but a set exactly like this with lesser pieces. They are invaluable. I really like the tool that comes with this that removes those Christmas tree looking clips. Tools are very handy for removing mirror caps, trim bezels, moldings, etc. the large flat spudger tool is great for getting the door gasket to sit over the plastic window trims. Much better than screwdrivers and putty knives.

I thought you did this enough that the pieces just come off like pulled pork? :lol:

I thought you did this enough that the pieces just come off like pulled pork? :lol:

I saw this coming! Lol. There are some clips that are gone permanently... like the silver plastic bezel under the window switches... yeah, they just pop off with my hands. No tools required for that one. Lol. I have the metal retainers somewhere.

hey SilveradoSaver

have you tried princess auto? i saw these on a visit. i would have picked them up but already had a set

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/6-pc-mini-panel-removal-tool-set/A-p8668311e

Thanks Chris.

I saw those online but it looked like they were "online only" - Good to know they might have them at my local PA. I'll have to check that out. Would save on the shipping!

Archived