Just washed my truck and the paint is peeling off!!!

GMcD

Just washed my new to me truck and i noticed black flakes on my micro fiber mitt. I started figuring out where they were coming from and my freaking trucks paint is flaking bad! This is the first time i have ever washed it (just got it Monday!!) and im in disbelief. What are my options here? It wasn't like this when I bought from the dealer on Monday!!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zlYUntYvKwHCwW5l1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This truck has only seen asphalt. No gravel, no dirt. I used a very good car wash with a clean micro fiber mitt. I almost feel like the dealer some how masked this and it all came off on the first wash. This is crazy!!!!

Get it properly refinished by this shady dealer ASAP....

Unfortunately the dealer is almost 5 hours away. I texted the sales guy tonight who obviously denied they did anything like this. This is not a coincidence that this magically happened on the first wash!!

My truck is doing the same thing. I think they just have terrible paint quality. My lower doors look like that after the first wash, I thought it was just a couple of rock chips, but it's happening all over front to back. Less than 3k miles on mine. I also noticed the top of the fenders and the hood is bubbling and flaking off all over the place. I'm going to take it in and have them fix it, I can't fathom GM getting out of fixing it. It's not even time for the first oil change and the paint is failing? Craziness.

Archived