Flowmasters don't last

Well when I purchased my 02 back in November of 01 I put a Flowmaster 70 series bigblock muffler on it. Well about 6yrs later it rusted out with a hole in the bottom. So I replaced it with another one. Now this one is rattling inside. Seems the insides came loose and now it makes a nice rattle noise. Very annoying. Called Flowmaster and explained everything to them. I would think that this one coming apart inside is a workmanship issue but then what do I know.

Turns out they said that all they can do since it is out of the 3 yr warranty is give me a 5% discount on another muffler. So the search is on for a replacement.

Since I plan on trading in my truck or selling it out right for the most part I don't want to spend another $160 on a muffler. I was looking at Magnaflow but can't seem to find one that is quiet like my 70 series.

I like the price of the Magnaflow, $80 as apposed to $160. Is Borla another route? So many YouTube videos to look at. Hard to decide since most keep their resonator on that come with the new trucks now which mine did not.

I need a 3" in and out and have plenty of room to install that is for sure. The 70 series is a huge muffler.

Suggestions?

The last flos I bought were for my 94 impala. They only droned at 55 wasn't usually at that speed, and 8 years later when I sold it they were still on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnaflows are pretty quiet. I have had a 5x11x22 Magnaflow on my 2006 for 4 years or so, and it is only noticeable when you want it to be. IMO a straight through design is the only way to go, whatever the brand.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Magnaflows are pretty quiet. I have had a 5x11x22 Magnaflow on my 2006 for 4 years or so, and it is only noticeable when you want it to be. IMO a straight through design is the only way to go, whatever the brand.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

12909 MagnaFlow is pretty quiet, that's what I have...they are a 409 stainless, which will rust but still outlast the truck.

This is my second MagnaFlow, the first one (not sure of its PN) was on for about 250k miles over a period of about 7 years...it was still shiny, and still performed just like it did when I put it on.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Archived