Interested in new Silverado, should I pull the trigger?

Friend of mine has the console, mine doesn't. I thought I wanted it, but opted not to spend the extra money for it and I'm not unhappy about it, and I'm happy to have the lock box.

I had my heart set on a center console when truck shopping, so when GM had the 17% off LT sticker over the summer I was bumming that I couldn't find an LT with leather/console/Bose. The only LT's locally with Bose and leather were midnight editions. The incentive was so good I couldn't pass it up thinking, well I can just add the console.

Now 3 months in, I'm actually very happy with the bench seating. I find myself using the under seat locking storage all the time. I like having the open floor space up front too. Any prior thought I had about adding a console are gone.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks so much for the insight. I'm headed out tomorrow morning with my wife to do some test drives. It's between a graphite colored one with a console and a blue one without but with leather. Tough choice! I'll keep everyone posted.

Good luck tomorrow,it's always fun going shopping for a new truck!

My advice, don't buy it. I just did and made a terrible mistake. a $52,000 dollar mistake. 2017 Sierra SLT pretty as can be but such a harsh ride (considered normal) ... be careful...test drive over roads that have some expansion joints before you buy.

My advice, don't buy it. I just did and made a terrible mistake. a $52,000 dollar mistake. 2017 Sierra SLT pretty as can be but such a harsh ride (considered normal) ... be careful...test drive over roads that have some expansion joints before you buy.

Sarcasm?

Hmmm, this is the opposite of what everyone else says. GM has sold probably 2-3 million of the K2XX platform light trucks and you're the first guy (I've seen) that said they have a harsh ride.......

I love the ride quality on my '17 & our roads, while not the roughest in North America, are probably in the top 10 for roughness.

If it has Ranchos, a switch to Bilsteins or other high quality aftermarket shocks/struts will help a lot. My '17 SLT's ride is tight, but far from harsh. Obviously, this isn't a cushy luxury Caddy sedan here either.

You know, I'm glad someone said that a harsh ride is not normal. The GM field rep said they now have a harsher ride due to the frame being beefed up. The service director says the ride is harsh. I too am surprised the ride is so stiff. Thanks for your opinion since I seem to have the only harsh riding SLT out there.

Just a thought but if you wait until this time next year then you can get a good deal on a 2018. Depending on how the 2019 model is liked by society their might be a drove of individuals jumping ship from a 14 on up to get the new and "improved" 2019.

I'm going to wait. The fact that the crew cab looks and is rumored to be bigger is a plus with me since our daughter has special needs and with her wheel chair and stuff the extra room will help.

I pulled the trigger on a Graphite crew cab short bed. Really happy with it. Just weird getting used to a big truck coming from a car. Need to practice a little!

Congrats and good luck with it!

I pulled the trigger on a Graphite crew cab short bed. Really happy with it. Just weird getting used to a big truck coming from a car. Need to practice a little!

NIce! Have had mine for two weeks now & love it as well. Fantastic ride, not harsh at all, comfortable, tons of bells & whistles, and great gas mileage for a V8. Just finished a 400 mile weekend & got 22mpg over a mix of mountain hwys and twisty back roads.

Archived