iPhone upgrade

I upgraded from iPhone 4s to the iPhone 8 yesterday and it doesn't charge wirelessly in my 2016 Silverado. My wife's Samsung 7 has charged wirelessly in the truck since I got it about a year ago so not sure what's up. Has anyone else got the iPhone 8 yet and have success with the wireless charging in your truck?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In these trucks the wireless charging block sits about half an inch up from the ridge at the back that your phone is suppose to rest against. Its possible that the wireless charging coil in the new iPhones is just far enough away that it doesn't get the signal to start charging. This happened with my Galaxy S8+ and required trimming the rubber tray insert. Wasn't easy and didn't turn out very pretty but it worked.

Either work out your new phone bugs or upgrade to a Galaxy.

Appreciate the recommendations to Samsung but no thanks hers is 15 months old and the battery is swelling, causing the screen to lift off the base. Common we're told.........The Samsung Note I believe catches fire! So, as you saw in my post, I've had an iPhone for 10 years and only upgraded because it is slow and I am very tough on a phone.

Appreciate the recommendations to Samsung but no thanks hers is 15 months old and the battery is swelling, causing the screen to lift off the base. Common we're told.........The Samsung Note I believe catches fire! So, as you saw in my post, I've had an iPhone for 10 years and only upgraded because it is slow and I am very tough on a phone.

Well I've never had a problem with any of my Galaxies. The only problem with my first/last 2 (S3 and S5) was just that I eventually ran out of internal space. Luckily the problem waited until right before I was eligible for an upgrade (every 2 years). So far I don't see that problem happening with my S7 since I still have 13 GBs left. Also there have been iPhone battery problems, not just the last Galaxy Note.

I just plug mine in all the time so I can use car play, I don't see the point of the wireless charging honestly...

Oh come on, it saves a whole second of plugging it in. It's just another feature that isn't a huge deal to me. Plus at least with a cord you can still use it while still having it plugged in. As far as I know it only charges if it's laying on top of the console.

I always love the Samsung folks coming out of the closet to tell us iPhoners to buy their garbage.......

Side note I will keep an eye on this thread to see if you figure it out. I have a 6+ now and I'm really considering the X when it comes out.

I have a Samsung s7 and it works like crap on the charger.

The iPhone 8 is most likely the same issue. Where the charger is located in the phone is not lining up with the charger.

The charge pad in these trucks suck...To weak and the pad is not great for allowing to position the phone correctly.

I have a Samsung s7 and it works like crap on the charger.

The iPhone 8 is most likely the same issue. Where the charger is located in the phone is not lining up with the charger.

The charge pad in these trucks suck...To weak and the pad is not great for allowing to position the phone correctly.

You’re right about the charging pad on the truck. You have to move my wife’s Samsung around a bit for it to begin charging too. On another note the Apple Car Play works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re right about the charging pad on the truck. You have to move my wife’s Samsung around a bit for it to begin charging too. On another note the Apple Car Play works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CarPlay to me is better then the Android Auto. I have a personal iPhone 6 and the s7 is my work phone. So I use both in the truck the Android when I'm traveling to one of our other sites. The rest of the time the iPhone is on.

Archived