Got my Duratracs today

alrockaz

Pulled off the stock SR-As with 6800 miles on the truck. Stayed with the same 275/55-20 sizing, in part because other sizes were significantly more $ and I'm fine with the look. I wanted a tire that would be better on trails as well as in rain and snow.

Was able to sell the stock tires for $200 in 60 minutes on OfferUp.

2017-09-25%2017.04.02-L.jpg

Took a couple of pics while I waited for the tire buyer

2017-09-25%2018.29.53-L.jpg

2017-09-25%2018.30.25-L.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice! I got these tires on my new 2017 because I wanted the midnight edition rims and they had an extra set at the dealership they threw on for me. The rims came with these tires. I'm curious how they'll do in the winter as this is my first truck. Also getting bilstein 5100's this fall to replace the rancho's per all the comments on these forums.

man i love the tread!.. looks great alrockaz..... they look as aggresive as BFG k02's... . are the price about the same as the BFG....what made you go for those?

Nice! I got these tires on my new 2017 because I wanted the midnight edition rims and they had an extra set at the dealership they threw on for me. The rims came with these tires. I'm curious how they'll do in the winter as this is my first truck. Also getting bilstein 5100's this fall to replace the rancho's per all the comments on these forums.

Eh don't listen to those comments, most have no idea what they are talking about when they call them "crap". Now if you are doing it to level it is a good choice (but realize not going to save your front end wear) but don't do it because of what a few uneducated members say...

Tyler

Miles so far? About 20 on these tires. The tires have a bit more hum than the OEM street tires, but that's to be expected. It's certainly not intrusive or "thrumming" like you get with mud terrains. I have a few friends that have these and they wear well and perform well in snow. I have mud terrains on my SUV but I didn't want anything that aggressive.

These were about $190/tire from Discount Tire, before installation. The BFG KO2s were $247/tire.

I like these new more aggressive style a/t ties like the Duratrac and the KO2s vs. the traditional a/t look, which is more conservative.

I expect the MPG loss to be nominal since it's the same size tire but will have a higher rolling resistance.

Miles so far? About 20 on these tires. The tires have a bit more hum than the OEM street tires, but that's to be expected. It's certainly not intrusive or "thrumming" like you get with mud terrains. I have a few friends that have these and they wear well and perform well in snow. I have mud terrains on my SUV but I didn't want anything that aggressive.

These were about $190/tire from Discount Tire, before installation. The BFG KO2s were $247/tire.

I like these new more aggressive style a/t ties like the Duratrac and the KO2s vs. the traditional a/t look, which is more conservative.

I expect the MPG loss to be nominal since it's the same size tire but will have a higher rolling resistance.

what kinda miles rating do they have on them.. i think bfg has like 60k

Great choice, I put 275/55-20 duratracs on my 17 Sierra last year with 200 miles on the truck. I've had them in deep snow, glare ice, loose rock, red mud, and lots of dry highway miles. Im at 12k now with very even and mild wear so far. They have gained a little highway noise but nothing like the many other all terrain tires I have owned in the past.

Great tire hands down. I see them on all the National Park Service Tahoes, Forest Service fire trucks and other government trucks here in the Colorado high country. That means something.

Nice looking set up. The Duratrac tires will do ya well. I've had some experience with these and they do wear well with proper balancing and rotations. They can cup quite a bit though if you don't rotate regularly. I learned that lesson the hard way.

Archived