Flowmaster

can't speak on that kit, but I have had multiple different flowmaster mufflers and I'm a fan.

If I was going to do a cat-back on mine, I would just go to my local muffler shop and have them fab & weld one for me. Wouldn't be any more expensive than that kit and I wouldn't have to worry about stuff coming loose. my 2 cents.

I had a shop remove the factory muffler and install a 40 series flowmaster muffler, the first time around i had the resonator can removed but had to have it reinstalled as the drone at highway speeds was horrible. Love the deep throaty sound of the flowmaster.

If you plan on keeping the vehicle for longer than 6yrs get the stainless steel version. I have gone through 2 Flowmasters now in 16yrs on my 2002 Silverado. If I had to do it all over again I would make sure I go stainless steel. The aluminized ones don't last.

Went ahead with the 817602, I'll have it next week, then I'll give a review on it

She will sound good - louder than my FlowMaster for sure - see link in my sig..........

Archived