Brake pull 2016 2500HD

Problem since new. Now a year or so with 25K. Truck pulls to right when applying brake, not consistently though! Been to dealer for inspection / repair multiple times. Had one issue first week with grease flinging down side of truck from what they claim was an over abundance of grease from hub area. My previous experiences with service people at this dealership has been marginal on complete information to put it diplomatically. New pads, reflash computer system, checked alignment, turned rotors, swapped tires around. Last week came within an inch or so of hitting someone on highway after accident ahead had every one hitting brakes hard. I had two hands on wheel and still came close. One handed would have been history.

Who should I get in contact with? Dealer has been ineffective or could not find issue. Can I check for dealer factory repair truck had less than 20 miles when I bought it but????

Seems like it might be a caliper issue, one side not retracting the piston all the way, or retracting to much, something not lined up right on one side,I dunno. With a year on it, does it do it more in the rain, try backing up fast and jamming the brakes on, still pull? Unit wheel bearing failing, unlikely since it did it from new... Shit in one brake line obstructing fluid at the banjo bolt...?

Will have to find a parking lot and try the pull in reverse.

Rain does not seem to be an issue that I recall.

I know when towing the effect is worse even with a proper tongue weight. Which I assume confirms the front brakes as the issue. There is a "pull" to the steering wheel at all times. Expect a weird alignment issue would be constant.

I will put some calls into other dealers, guessing they may or may not be excited about issues with a truck they did not sell.

A little over a year old now 26K miles, truck has been to dealer multiple times. Intermittent pull to right when applying brakes. Will go against road grade. Dealer has replaced pads , turned rotors then replaced them. Checked alignment, reflashed brake computer. More evident when towing even with proper tongue weight ,we use some trailers with brakes and some without. Pull can be strong and require two handed grip on wheel in high speed stops. I have over 250.000 driving miles in a 2002 GMC 2500HD w/o anything close to this even under panic stops loaded with 10K trailer.

Looking for way to diagnose and or repair. Referral to master tech other than Banks Chevrolet in Concord NH.

When new truck had over abundance of grease in right front wheel area causing grease to fling down side of truck. Dealer claimed too much grease applied somewhere. Pulls right some kind of hub damage? Not a big believer in coincidences.

You have to let corporate know this! The dealer will never change if GM doesn't know what's going on. There's an 800 number (I don't have it at the moment - been a long, long time since I've needed it) for customer service.

They need to fix this thing right! That's a MAJOR SAFETY ISSUE!!!

Sounds to me like the caliper is junk. Hate how warranty jobs always take the cheap road first, but it's not the tech's fault - it's the way GM pays them. They not only screw their customers, but their techs, too. GM expects them to work for free most of the day. That encourages sloppiness, and half-assed work. Not a good thing at all, as you've found out ...

Don't let this one go, or they will kick the can down the road until your out of warranty, which is coming up at 36k miles. Then, you'll be stuck fixing GMs poor engineering out of your own pocket.

• 1 month later...

Update. Went to another dealer with a GMC case number. Went through truck . Aligned, Leveled for some reason. Replaced caliper and pads. Seemed to work fine. Right lane on highway runs brakes straight, a little off on the passing lane  and wants to dive down angle of road especially with brake. A little weird but OK.

Just loaded up with a trailer for a NH to Florida run. Now pulls left instead of right but only with a trailer on. Not a happy 3K mile trip.

Truck is now at original dealer to meet with a GM field technician and they are talking buyback possibility. Anyone done this? Pretty sure not gonna go in my favor especially with plow, strobes and sander wired in already.

• 2 weeks later...

Very uninformative contacts.No conversation offered. No apology. No have a nice day. Very surreal visit. Handed me paperwork. Valet drove up truck. This was dealership that charged alignment and other work never done under warranty per another dealer. Work done / supervised by visiting GMC factory field tech. Read paperwork to includer another alignment, lube all brake parts, changed level on truck.   Sounds like they disassemble d brake system and reinstalled.Can only assume they /dealer/ were not happy to be caught filing warranty fraud is the only thing I can think of. We have bought three new vehicles from this dealer and had two others serviced there we bought Used. Feedback previously is borderline competence. Will NEVER see another dime from me. Sad because I like the truck otherwise.

no charge, I attempted to repair myself and had bled lines on right side and saw no debris. /since there was a problem with flinging grease down that side of truck that was apparently unrelated./ How it went from pulling right to left after replacing left caliper i do not know and was not told. Just glad finally over!!!

Archived