Wheel suggestions for '98 K2500?

I've got a stock set of steel wheels on my truck, beginning to rust, shown in the attachment. Powder coated gray. I've painted the truck in Upol Raptor paint, black. Now I'd like to have wheels to match but very confused about sizing. Currently have LT 245/75/R16s all around. Wouldn't mind a little larger and more aggressive thread without a lift. Black steel would look good.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Marc

post-174000-0-77575600-1506463287_thumb.jpg

I believe these trucks can fit around a 33'' tire without any rubbings. I had a 33'' on my 2500. Do you want to keep the stock load ratings or go higher? I've always used cooper tires and never had any problems and good tread life. Currently running the M+S, decent cheap tire. I think the Cooper Discover STT Pro plays the part of a mud tire more. As for new wheels it all depends on what size and type. Black steelies can be found for very cheap and are fairly durable. But, you have to pick a wheel size that matches the tire. If it were me, I would get the same rim size that came stock on the truck. However, if you can find a set of stock wheels off of a GMT900 (07-13) They will also bolt up and give you a 17' wheel. Any of these wheel sizes will allow plenty of choices for tires.

I believe these trucks can fit around a 33'' tire without any rubbings. I had a 33'' on my 2500. Do you want to keep the stock load ratings or go higher? I've always used cooper tires and never had any problems and good tread life. Currently running the M+S, decent cheap tire. I think the Cooper Discover STT Pro plays the part of a mud tire more. As for new wheels it all depends on what size and type. Black steelies can be found for very cheap and are fairly durable. But, you have to pick a wheel size that matches the tire. If it were me, I would get the same rim size that came stock on the truck. However, if you can find a set of stock wheels off of a GMT900 (07-13) They will also bolt up and give you a 17' wheel. Any of these wheel sizes will allow plenty of choices for tires.

The rim size is 16". I've seen 2 different widths available, not sure what is stock. Good tip on the 17s, I'll check it out. Thanks!

I was introduced to this site the other day:

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/

I love it. you actually find gm hub hole/backspace/offset (that is what I prefer)

all the way to 20 inches.

no need to go goofy toyota hub sized wimpy wheels

I am getting the pacer chrome eventually for my 96.

1 inch gain all around, identical offset/backspace/hub hole

I was introduced to this site the other day:

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/

I love it. you actually find gm hub hole/backspace/offset (that is what I prefer)

all the way to 20 inches.

no need to go goofy toyota hub sized wimpy wheels

I am getting the pacer chrome eventually for my 96.

1 inch gain all around, identical offset/backspace/hub hole

Thanks for posting, good info on this site and lots of pictures. Great to see what others are doing with wheels.

Archived